Joplimo Swearingen

Does anyone have any experience with Joplimo Mattress Co? We are considering purchasing a Swearingen model. We are also looking at the Summit Eurotop. The other Brand we have considered is a Tempurpedic Flex model. Currently, sleeping on a Denver Mattress Company Telluride that has begun to have significant depressions were we lay after 7 years… Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Greenway1,

You can see some comments about Joplimo in post #4 here.

Hopefully you’ve already read the mattress shopping tutorial which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

While nobody can speak to how any mattress will “feel” for someone else because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances … outside of PPP and how well you sleep the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability which is all about how long you will sleep well on a mattress. This is the part of your research that you can’t see or “feel” and assessing the quality/durability and useful life of a mattress depends on knowing the specifics of its construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label (or how a mattress feels in a showroom or when it is relatively new) so I would always make sure that you find out information listed here so you can compare the materials and components to the quality/durability guidelines here to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase.

The Joplimo site doesn’t specify the density of the foam layers in the mattresses you are looking at so if you can find out the foam densities for the following layers in the Swearingen …

2″ phase change beaded gel memory foam

1″ Omalon foam

and the following layers in the Summit Eurotop …

0.5" supersoft foam

1.5" convoluted foam

comfort layers:

1" 3 lb. memory foam

1.5" convoluted foam

1" poly foam

1" 36 ILD foam

I’d be able to make some comments about the quality and durability of the materials and let you know if there are any lower quality materials or weak links that would be a cause for concern in terms of the durability and useful life of the mattress.

You can see some comments about the Tempurpedic Flex mattresses in post #2 here and I would be cautious here (particularly if you are in a higher weight range) because the 1.6 lb polyfoam they use under the memory foam is a slightly lower quality/density material than I would normally suggest … particularly in a mattress in this budget range.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix

Greenway, did you purchase from Joplimo? We’ve been considering it and The Swearingen is one of our favorites.

Btw, here are the numbers I received from Joplimo on The Swearingen

The Swearingen is 7 lb beaded gel memory foam with a layer of 2 lb omalon foam at 36 ILD under the gel foam layers.