Just starting to search

Hi mdgail1,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding and for sharing the link as well … and congratulations on your new futon :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to try it out.

There are quite a number of latex mattresses (and latex hybrids as well) that don’t use any wool and use other types of fire barriers that would be suitable for use by a vegan so this shouldn’t be an issue for those that want a latex mattress without any wool.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix. I’m sure there are but the problem is, for some reason, the majority of companies that I’ve found seem to use some sort of wool in the case as a fire barrier. I may look to see if I can find any others but it seems like every time I find a company that I think is wool free they show that the cover for their mattress does indeed contain wool and to get one with out you would need a written doctors not. Thankfully, I don’t have to worry about this problem with my futon. However, if you have any recs for companies that produce latex mattresses and don’t use any wool in their cover, please let me know. I’ll look through all the documents here as well in case there is something I have missed.

Oh, and once again, thank you so much for all of your help and the recommendations of so many others.

Mark

Hi mdgail1,

There may be others that I’ve missed but off the top of my head some companies that make one or more latex mattresses without any wool include …

rockymountainmattress.com/

All of them except Plushbeds are a member of this site.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix.