Just tried Temperpedic Cloud Luxe, what else out there is comparable?

I did like it a lot. Of course it is also way out of my budget. What are some comparable mattresses available online?

Hi Chirurgeon,

The first place I would start with your research is post #1 here which has the basic information, steps, and guidelines which can help you make the best possible choices.

Post #12 here also has a list of some of the better online memory foam options I’m aware of. Some of these match the “feel” of some of the Tempurpedic mattresses … some match or better the quality of their materials … and some match the design of their mattresses as well (and some match all three). They all have much better value than the Tempurpedics in common.

Phoenix

Chir:

The big ones that people seem to really like on this forum are the following:

1. Cirrus Luxe ES from Select Foam. Select Foam has had several recent complaints on here, however, with regards to customer service. (I also emailed Phoenix that I noticed they say they are BBB accredited even though they have an F, he was going to have them remove that logo from their, site… but I think the fact they say that says something about them. Speaking of which, Phoenix has a few posts where he talks about what he thinks of BBB (which is not highly)) - 90 day full return policy (shipping is covered)

2. Ultimate Dreams Gel 13" from DreamFoam on amazon(which is owned by Brooklyn Bedding) - They have amazing reviews here an on Amazon, slightly lower quality then options 1 and 3, but only 25% of price of Tempurpedic. Also has no return policy if ordered with DreamFoam as seller, but does have regular Amazon return policy if ordered with Amazon as seller (you will have to pay return shipping though) It is typically reviews as between cloud luxe and cloud supreme in softness

3. Cool Luxe by Brooklyn Bedding - This one is brand new (and what I ordered myself), supposed to feel like cloud luxe perfectly, but significantly cooler. Slightly cheaper then Cirrus Luxe ES. I spoke with several of the Brooklyn Bedding people, and they are a pleasure to speak with, and really know their stuff - 120 day full return policy (shipping is covered)

Hi paladin732,

Thanks for sharing your your final choices and feedback about your experiences and thought processes with the forum.

I think you made some meaningful comparisons and ended up making a great choice.

Most important … congratulations on your new mattress! I’m looking forward to your feedback when you’ve received it and had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

As paladin732 has mentioned, those were the exact same mattresses I was choosing between, however I chose the Ultimate Dreams 13" instead based on price. I currently have the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme Breeze, and I think it’s wayyyy over rated for what it costs! So I’m hoping the Ultimate Dreams is just as comfortable if not better and for only a quarter of the price I paid for the Tempurpedic!

Hi paladin732 - I was looking at the Cool Luxe as well. When will you get the mattress? How long does it take to arrive from time of order? Anxious tp hear if it how it compares to the Cloud Luxe and cloud supreme. Also if it sleeps COOL. Please tell us!

Thanks -LAB3

They shipped it the next day, looks like pillows shipped in a seperate box.

I will get the bed on Friday (Ordered Tuesday night, I live in CA). However, I will most likely be unable to test it until early the next week. My husband and I are moving our previous bed from the master to the guest room, and we won’t be done painting the guest room till then. (when you use two colors, and then a stripe, and the one color requires tinted primer, it takes FOREVER to paint)

Funny, I am also considering the select foam cirrus supreme es! That is a bit firmer than the BB bed, right? What made you choose the Cool Luxe or the Cirrus Supreme?

Thanks and good luck with that painting!

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we bought a mattress from SelectFoam and their customer service is HORRENDOUS! We have being going back and forth with them for over 2 months. Long story short, we bought their Cirrus-Supreme mattress (which is supposedly comparable to the Cloud Supreme from Tempur Pedic) and it is much firmer than the Cloud Supreme. We have been sleeping on it for almost 90 days and it has not softened at all. SelectFoam first recommended we remove the fire sock. That did not help. Then SelectFoam has said they would send a topper to see if that helps but that was almost 3 weeks ago. I’m done and quite frankly, I don’t trust them enough to believe it when they said they’d extend our warranty.

In short, I would recommend staying away…FAR AWAY…from SelectFoam.

any experiences with Brooklyn bedding?

Hi Huntlip,

Thanks for your feedback.

There are a couple of things (outside of customer service issues) that I would keep in mind though that would apply to any mattress not just Select Foam and post #2 here would be well worth reading either for your current circumstances or for future reference.

Higher quality foams like the ones that Select Foam uses will often take longer to soften and reach their long term performance level (Tempurpedic is the same) and all mattress designers design their mattress for how they will feel in the long term rather than how they feel when they are new. It’s important to know that there is both a break in period for any new mattress as well as an adjustment period whenever you are sleeping on a new sleeping surface. Sometimes this can be quite quick and sometimes it can take much longer.

As you will also read … there are several other factors that can affect how memory foam feels and performs including temperature and humidity as well as any mattress protector or bedding you are using.

Their first piece of advice (about removing the fire barrier) was actually a good one because this can speed up the softening of the memory foam. Walking carefully and evenly on the surface of the mattress can also speed up the process. Finally it may also be true that you need a little extra softness that becomes more clear when you sleep on the mattress that wasn’t evident when you were testing mattresses (and this will also depend on the accuracy and objectivity of your testing). This was all good advice. Had they followed through on delivering the topper this would have been a generous offer as well on their part (I’m assuming here that you were paying less than full price).

So while you may certainly experience the mattress as being much more firm than what you remembered the Cloud Supreme was (and subjective memory over time when you compare testing a mattress to your sleeping experience can sometimes be misleading) … this may also not be an indication of your long term experience because new mattresses are not designed to feel the same as a floor model that has already broken in.

None of this is an indication of the quality or value of the mattress (and sometimes it’s the opposite because higher quality materials will take a little longer to go through their initial softening).

On the other hand … waiting 3 weeks for your topper … even though it was a generous offer (again I’m assuming here that you weren’t paying full price?) … is not good customer service and this would be disappointing to me as well. While I don’t know if I would be quite as upset as you are and the rest of what they did and suggested seems to me to be good advice … I would certainly call them (and hopefully you have already) to find out why you haven’t received it.

The good news in all of this is that if all else fails … they have one of the best return policies in the industry which is why it would make much more sense for them to send out a topper in a more timely manner because they lose money on a free return and it doesn’t make sense to disaffect a customer when they are the ones who will pay the price in the end for their delay … not you.

Phoenix

Hi lab3,

A forum search on Brooklyn Bedding (you can just click this) will bring up many posts with comments and feedback from a lot of forum members.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Just wanted to give you an update on our experience with Selectfoam…we are still waiting for them to send instructions on how to return the mattress. We finally did receive the mattress topper after 1 month…and it helped a little but not enough. That being said, I think we may not be memory foam people. Anyway, I have both emailed and called them for instructions on how to return the mattress and have yet to hear from them. It’s been a very long 5 months. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

On another note, we did buy a queen bed from Brooklyn Bedding for our son and he LOVES it! Great mattress and customer service! I highly recommend them!!!

Dear Huntlp,
We are sorry to hear that you are not comfortable with the mattress. We apologize for the delay in the shipping of the topper as there was an unresolved issue and we ended shipping another. We have to give a little time for you to try the mattress with the topper as most of the sleepers take time to get used to the sleep system and the mattress takes time to break in especially memory foam. The person in charge of returns will contact you today to coordinate an exchange or a return at your convenience. Thank you.

I just wanted to update that I did receive a call from Selectfoam today. As with any business transaction, sometimes things just do not happen as smoothly as possible. That being said, Selectfoam was very apologetic in how my experience happened. They were more than willing to allow us to have extra time to experience the mattress without compromising the in home trial warranty period.

As I stated in my previous message, I believe my husband and I are just not memory foam people. This is not a reflection at all of the product that Selectfoam sells. In fact, I believe if you do like a memory foam bed, theirs would be one to try.

In all of my actual contact with the people at the company, they have been nothing but professional and respectful. I felt they listened to my problems with the memory foam and tried to help. Again, I’m hopeful that my experience with timing is just random. Once you actually do talk to the people, they are beyond nice.

Hopefully this helps others who are considering not only Selectfoam, but memory beds in general. The friends we have who own memory foam beds love them–we unfortunately were just not one of them.

Hi Huntlip,

Thanks for the update and I’m glad you were able to connect and resolve your situation.

You certainly gave your memory foam mattress a good try over a period of months since you purchased it both initially and with a topper after that but like all material preferences … memory foam is not for everyone and each person has their own preferences that sometimes takes time and experience to recognize. I’m glad that your son likes their new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix