King 2" talalay latex topper (mid teens ILD) for $300ish?

Hi Abraxus,

Just to clarify this … Latex International didn’t invent the Talalay process and weren’t the first to use it (see here).

Phoenix

Thanks everyone. I requested a quote from ktt, so hopefully they have something reasonable. I’m not that heavy and basically want to add a little light pillow top feel. PLB’s 14 ILD topper seems to do without affecting the feel of the lower support layers, so I’m trying to stay mid teens ILD.

Ran across a Sleep & Invigorate topper. The 14 ILD and Oeko-Tex 100 certified description makes it sound like Latex International foam. Is that possible? Any feedback on this brand?

EDIT :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
MISQUOTED price. :pinch: BAD MEMORY.

On the website you can submit a request for a quote or information & will get a quick answer by phone or e-mail.

Talalay…3"? Natural, not a blend? No way, something’s fishy K. At that low price that has either got to be a return or Dunlop, or both. I wonder where it’s made and by whom?

Here’s the scoop on the co-founder of LI, not that it really matters. http://www.latexfoam.com/about/

If you want to see the slab first hand, check out my thread. https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/finally-in-the-cloud-new-latex-mattress-with-14-ild-topper-done

Good luck,
Mark

Horrors! :woohoo: Meant to say talatech, not that it matters or anyone really cares.

Hi Mark in Texas,

No matter who else may care … I care about the accuracy of the information on the site.

Phoenix

Flexus Comfort Mattress asks people to shop the competition. They invite you to check them out & compare.

It is really not nice to insult a company that earned the respect of MU in order to become a member.

EDIT: I WAS WRONG. :sick:

The quote was on a 2" EKing at the time of a sale. They use Latex Green & Radium, no weak links. Good prices, even if not that good :silly:

I’ll check with flexus, especially if they make a 2 inch topper. Any feedback on Sleep & Invigorate? This is the specific item.

Hi Automaton,

Sorry I skipped your post with your original question.

It’s certainly not Talalay and it’s probably a natural/synthetic continuous pour Dunlop from Latexco (and if it’s their Puralux it would be about 80% synthetic and 20% natural). It’s also possible that it’s 100% natural Dunlop but this is less likely if its 14 ILD. A forum search on Sleep Invigorate (you can just click this) will bring up more information and feedback about it.

Their toppers are also available at their own site here.

Phoenix

Fine, but nobody is interested in you having the last word on matters that don’t matter.

Mark

It’s all about the money, has nothing to do with conceptual “insults”. He who pays to be a sponsor here gets pushed. He who doesn’t care to be a part of MU is put on the back burner.

You will never beat the manufacturer’s price, and KTT IS the manufacturer.

Since some are anal about always getting it “right”, I’ll bird dog this price and get back to ya’ll. It’s the nanny in me you know. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fine, but nobody is interested in you having the last word on matters that don’t matter.

Mark

[quote=“KSueSmith” post=36369]Hi!

If you’re still looking, this is a recent quote from a MU member, Flexus Comfort Mattress for a 3" E. King 100% Talalay topper w/ stretch cover, $358.00 to my door.

No tax or shipping charges. (I’m not in CA., factor in tax exemption ??)[/quote]

hello Ms. smith first time poster but long time lurker. i called on this since i have a e. king and was told that that particular topper is $475 delivered. it is radium and the lowest ild they have is 22. choice of cover is bamboo/polyester or cotton. a 3" queen radium brand talalay is $365.

tio

ADMIN EDIT: This is a second forum registration for a banned member and has been banned as well.

MY mistake & I am sorry for the confusion. It has been a while since I referred to my notes. At one time my head was spinning trying to keep it all straight.

Forgive my honest mistake. :blush:

Not sure when I confused myself, but my bed is 10" finished 3 slabs of latex & they are of course 3" thick. Did I get 3 " stuck on the brain? We had thought we could need a topper & I remember now asking about 2" E. King.

Sorry Mark. The something fishy was my memory of asking about a 3" when I had inquired about a 2" in case we wanted a topper.

My bad. My memory stinks.

thought i could delete

Thanks. My memory is refreshed. I asked about a 2" EKing during a sale. I thought I was helping Automaton.

Hi Mark in Texas,

In the spirit of transparency … I thought I would resurrect (undelete) one of the last off topic posts you made which resulted in you being banned from the forum.

These types of comments have certainly been made before and it’s always strange to me that in spite of the evidence of almost 34,000 pages in the forum that say otherwise … some people still make them from time to time. You can see one of my replies to similar comments in post #5 here.

It’s also somewhat ironic to me given your last comments here that if you go back to post #4 in this thread in reply to the OP that there are two links to 2" 100% natural Talalay toppers in eastern king that are both under $300. One is to KTT Enterprises (which sells Latex International 100% natural Talalay) and is not a member here and the other is to mattresses.net (which sells Radium 100% natural Talalay) and is a member here. I think highly of both of them.

In any case … your comments were “one step too far” after repeatedly crossing the line of the forum rules and your final warning here which is the reason that you are now banned and any additional identities that you use to register (such as “tiofilo”) will also be banned.

Outside of spammers … you are only the 5th person in over 3 years that has reached this point.

Phoenix

This thread is very timely as last night I slept about 10 hours and woke up exhausted…I’ve got to get the right topper.

I’ve been holding off because I haven’t known what companies have trusted products.

I have an extremely firm Gardner spring mattress with cotton and wool over the springs and my shoulder was killing me last night during side sleeping.

What I am using is a 3" continuous pour Dunlop topper in M firmness.

What I am craving is a 1.5" or 2" memory foam topper (fairly dense to hold me up.)

But of course I have these awful allergies to the formaldehyde in memory foam so I have to use something as “pure as possible” as far as chemicals go.

I seem to remember Neal at Spindle telling me his blended latex wouldn’t pose a risk to me. I don’t know what type of latex it is and I didn’t explore that because he only carries 3", not less.

I loved the feel of Gardner’s LI blended talalay topper which is also 3". It didn’t bother my allergies but this could be because it had out gassed already; I don’t know.

But i seem to be reading here this morning that LI through KKT sells a natural talalay.
Would that give me the density and blended latex or memory foam feel I’m craving? Or is there a blended or synthetic latex that is truly as chemical-free as MT’s natural latex?

I seem to go right through this M Dunlop 3"…my shoulder is hurting. I need to be “held up”. Need more density but not hardness.

Thanks much, I need to order something today.