King Koil Ortho Posture Problem

In April of 2015 I bought a King Koil Ortho Posture Extra Firm Queen SPL set# KK99645/0SPL with Twin Boxspring at Sleepy’s for a total cost of $500. The mattress itself was only $375.00
Although, I did not pay a lot for it and it is not even 3 years old, this mattress has not only sunk in on either side, my partners side and myself but the sides of the mattress have also popped out.
This happened shortly after the 2nd year.
Is this normal for a mattress to be doing this? I’ve had several mattresses in my lifetime and never have I seen one do this.
Apparently there is no warranty on this mattress according to the fine print located on the back of the receipt.
I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this sort of issue with their mattress. The mattress is absolutely horrible and since having it after 6 months has cause horrible nights sleep.
Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Unfortunately, experiences like this are more and more common, and I have people walk through my doors every week complaining about something they purchased elsewhere that didn’t hold shape for very long. Many brands opt for lower density foams, which are less durable. The mattress set you purchased was a more “basic” item to begin with, but price doesn’t dictate quality in the mattress industry, and just because you wanted to keep your price point moderate doesn’t mean that you should have to accept a low quality item. Without having your mattress in front of me I can’t state exactly why your bed is doing what it is, but best guesses would lead to lower density foams and quality of construction.

As for a warranty, did you purchase this from a clearance section within the store? Even the most basic new items tend to come with a warranty from most manufacturers.

When selecting a new mattress, you need to become educated about what is on the inside, as only then can you give yourself a fair chance at having materials that will give you a good shot at having a more durable mattress. A few good resources on this forum are here and here. Read through those before venturing out to purchase another mattress.

Jeff Scheuer, The Beducator
Beducation /Mattress To Go