King Slat Foundation- difference between 1 piece vs 2 XL twins

For a 10" all latex mattress in a King size, is there any real difference between using a single piece wood slat foundation vs two XL twins? My husband and I are both about 200lbs and it’s a heavy mattress. But we really hate the high center ridge we’re experiencing with our current set up. I read the post where Phoenix explains how the materials, etc play a part and that this situation can be somewhat inevitable. But if the single piece king slat foundation has less wood down the center, seems like it might help that problem. On the other hand, since our original Euro slats broke under us, I want to make sure the single piece king is strong enough. I think I also saw a king slat foundation in one piece, but instead of a centered head to toe rail there were two off centered rails. That seems stronger in theory but then we’d also be sleeping directly on top of these rails, which may be bad for someone like me with many spine issues and pressure points. Anyway, if you had some advice on the difference between a king size wood slat foundation in one piece, vs two twins, I would like to hear it. Thanks very much,

Hello and thank you so much for reaching out! We (and most companies) ship their king foundations as two Twin XL’s for a few reasons: it’s less expensive to ship; it’s easier for you to move two twin XL foundations from one room to another or one house to another because they’re small enough to maneuver through hallways; and it’s easier to manufacture because we don’t have to change our machinery to accommodate the manufacture of stand-alone king size foundations, which would require extra change parts, changing the equipment around, etc.

We sell tons of mattresses along with our split king wood foundations and I haven’t heard of a single complaint of noticing or feeling the split between the two foundations, so this really isn’t something you should encounter with our foundations. I can’t speak to other companies’ foundation, but it stands to reason that you shouldn’t expect to encounter a problem with their foundations either, and if you do, that company should take care of it for you by sending a replacement that doesn’t have the same problem. This is why it’s important to pick a company with a good customer service reputation, just in case different issues like this come up.

Aside from that, have you inspected the foundation and are you sure the foundation is the problem? It could always be the mattress or perhaps even the frame that the two Twin XL foundations are resting on. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer to have them trouble shoot the issue or send a replacement?

Thank you for your reply. The maker of our current mattress sold it with euro slats which broke after a few years. Reaching out to this website helped us figure out the problem. (I see the company we bought from are on this website as recommended but I can’t find any posts that recommend euro slats for our set up. And they did not offer to replace, only gave a small discount for us to buy the regular wood slats.) We made a makeshift repair but as I’m having more pain I want to get the proper set up. Our current mattress is now 15 years old and I think we will need to replace soon. But mainly I want to get the base situated and do whatever will be best to avoid the high ridge and valleys we have now as much as we can. I just couldn’t find any posts discussing the 2 twin xl vs a king frame. It’s good to hear you’ve not had any customers issues with this. It get overwhelming thinking about all the different factors, there’s so much information to consider. Thanks again for your input, though, it really helps.