Kingsdown Sleeping Beauty vs Hotel by Aireloom vs Beautyrest Black

Hi thecountofzero,

[quote]I live in the Boston area and found a list of recommended vendors on this site, but I think it is a list for latex vendors. I am not opposed to a latex bed, as I really like the PranaSleep, but not the price. Especially once I read your reviews on it here. The list I found is this one:

Boston Area Latex Vendors

Is there a larger list which would include innerspring vendors?[/quote]

The manufacturers or retailers on the Boston list make a wide range of mattresses including innersprings, memory foam, and latex in a wide range of designs and prices. While some of them do specialize in latex … it includes the better options I’m aware of for any type of mattress in the general area.

I would also be very cautious about the Prana mattresses. You can read more about them in post #3 here and in post #2 here and in post #3 here. A forum search on Prana (you can just click this) will also bring up more information and feedback about them.

[quote]Gardner seems to mentioned on here quite a bit and they are not far from where I live so I am considering going to see them. Can you vouch for what they list on their website with respect to their materials/processes?

Garders Processes[/quote]

Gardner is an 80 year old manufacturer that has built a great reputation for the quality and value of their mattresses over the years and I think highly of them. There is an interesting video about them here which will give you a good sense of who they are and what goes into their mattresses. They are one of the few manufacturers that still use some of the hand building methods that used to be more common such as lace tufting. They are transparent about their materials and I believe that the information they provide is accurate and all the materials they use are high quality. They are certainly be one of the manufacturers or retailers I would consider if I was within reasonable driving distance of one of their stores.

Phoenix