Knowledgable local sleep shop/mattress manufacturer in Portland, OR 97086

Hi there, everyone! I live in Portland, Oregon. I need help finding an alternative or local independent mattress manufacturer who sells factory direct or a small sleep shop with knowledgable staff here in the Portland Metro area. My mom needs a new mattress. She is 74 years old and about 140 lbs. She doesn’t have any significant health issues. She is a side sleeper. She prefers innerspring mattresses. She does NOT like memory foam (Temperpedic type mattresses.) She has never tried latex.

You all were a huge help when I was looking for a mattress, five years ago. I went to Parklane and it was amazing. LOVE my bed. Now, Parklane is gone.:ohmy: :ohmy: HELP!!! (They sold their company to Bedmart. Bedmart sells 5 models of Parklane mattresses, but…after visiting them today, I fear the quality is no longer.).

If someone can share local independent mattress manufacturers or small sleep shops in the Portland area with knowledgable staff, that would be amazing.

Thanks!

Hi altarimage, and welcome back!

Thanks for the kind words about the site! Sorry to hear Parklane has closed, and that you feel the Parklane mattresses BedMart carries are not up to the same quality standards. Possibly a refresher but you may want to look at theMattress Shopping Tutorial, and theMattress Specifications You need To know as well as the Mattress Durability Guidelines If you have not already done so, so that you have an idea of what you are looking for.

Any mattress is unique to the sleepers using it, based on their stats(height, BMI, sleeping position(s), and any underlying health condition) and their PPP(posture and alignment, pressure relief, and personal preferences) Thanks for providing some of the stats for your mom. You don’t say if she has any health issues, but she seems to have a lower BMI, and doesn’t want memory foam, so at least you can scratch that off the list. Unfortunately, as you have seen for yourself, it’s impossible for us to provide geographic listings for showrooms and manufacturers due to the rapidly changing business landscape, but there are a couple recent posts, like
This Post
from May discussing Sound Sleep in Sumner WA, and This Post from April with
Consumers experiences with Portland Mattress Shops, and This Postas well, although it may be obsolete as its’ from June 2021. As there are also a good many Portlandians on our forums, perhaps others can chime in with their own recent experiences. I wish you success in finding your mom the perfect mattress!

~ Basilio