Latex bed and adjustable platform

I have a latex bed - one bottom layer dunlop firm, one medium layer dunlop and one layer talalay soft on top. I’m mostly a side sleeper and am having hip pain. The mattress is about 10 years old. I weigh 121 pounds. I’d like to find a mattress that can be used on an adjustable bed - also interested in what adjustable bed would work best. Thank you.

Hi Robin10, and welcome to The Mattress Underground :slight_smile:

One thing to keep in mind: any mattress you choose will have a unique comfort profile for those sleeping on it, based on your Stats (height, BMI, sleeping position(s), and any underlying health conditions) and your PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). Generally, a good first step in choosing a mattress would be to read the Mattress Shopping Tutorial to get an overview of what to look for.
You might also read the Mattress Specifications You Need To Know to give you a better idea of what to look for in specific mattress types. While 10 years is not a short period of time, I’m wondering if the hip pain you are experiencing might be due to your Stats or PPP changing over the last decade, as latex is one of the most durable materials for mattresses – as you can see in the Mattress Durability Guidelines .
For more input from us let us know your height as well as clarify if you still want to go with an all latex bed or a hybrid-latex

Adjustable beds are very popular with many consumers who enjoy the ability to raise or lower different areas of the bed, but you always need to check with any mattress manufacturer about what types of frames and bases are recommended, so that you don’t void any warranty or return policy; you may want to consider buying the adjustable base from the same manufacturer as the mattress to be safe on that aspect. Many of the Trusted Members of the site carry latex mattresses, as well as adjustable bases, like Mattress To Go who is also one of our Sleep Experts, with a dedicated Forum Page here , or
Flexus Comfort Mattress , as well as Luma Sleep . You also may want to consider building your own DIY mattress, which offers a much more customizable mattress but can take a bit more research and time, like DIY Mattress . All of these Trusted Members, with a little information on your Stats and PPP and mattress history can help guide you to finding a great , durable, quality Mattress and Adjustable base which will last many years and hopefully alleviate the pain in your hip.

~ Basilio