Latex bed (and all furniture) ruined, financial assistance for replacement?

I apologize if this post is off-topic; please delete if so. We just are not sure where else to find information. This summer we discovered that our 10 year old house has extensive construction defects resulting in pervasive mold and rot. We had only lived there for 2.5 years. Our insurance won’t cover any personal property damage because they do not cover construction defect damage. We bought a Pure Latex Bliss bed in February, and modified it a bit with some after-market toppers. We have had to leave all of those behind in the house due to contamination. We have to find a new mattress as soon as possible to use in the apartment we are now renting. We are on a very tight budget due to all of the repairs to our house, legal fees, additional housing costs, medical bills, etc. I was wondering if anyone knows of a manufacturer and/or retailer who might be willing to provide a hardship discount so we can afford to replace our ruined mattress? It is so important to me to have a toxin-free bedroom after having been unknowingly exposed to mold for three years. I am hesitant to order the Chinese memory foam mattresses from Amazon, but I am afraid that is the only option we may have. If anyone reading this can help, my husband and I would be eternally grateful. We can provide extensive documentation, news stories, engineer’s reports, etc. to prove that our situation is legitimate.

We appreciate any help that may be possible.

Hi Bazinga,

I’m sorry to hear about your very unfortunate circumstances. I can only imagine what you must be going through.

Hopefully one of the members here will see your post and be in a position to offer some type of help (they would probably message you through the PM system) although many of them probably wouldn’t see it so you may need to call them directly and ask.

It may also be an idea to start a gofundme account so that others that may wish to make a small donation to help your circumstances can help as well. There are many people that have used it successfully that also faced various emergencies.

There are certainly low cost options available other than Chinese memory foam mattresses. Some of the lower budget online options I’m aware of that may be worth considering are listed at the end of post #4 here and the other online lists it links to.

Phoenix

Thank you, Phoenix. I’ve contacted CozyPure, Savvy Rest, Pure Latex Bliss, Spindle, FoamSource, SleepOnLatex, SleepEZ, FloBeds and a few others. Hopefully I will hear back from one of them soon. I contacted them via their websites.

Hi Bazainga,

Good luck!

Have you set up a gofundme account (or something similar)?

If you have then some of the members here that read your post and wish to help (or others on the internet that see it) would be able to send you a donation that may help with your situation as well. It’s certainly helped others that are in similar “emergency” situations (see the google search results here).

Phoenix