Latex bed customizing

:S

My wife and I are about to buy a latex mattress and have decided it’s down to 2 companies. 1 says its ok to have different comfort levels on each side of the queen mattress (i.e. 1 side firm the other medium) and the other company said that does not work well and to stick with a consistent feel for both sides. Has anyone had any issues (dips, longevity, unevenness ect) other than the obvious difference in feel from side to side with a mattress with the customized sides or is it better to go with the consistent mattress. Talalay and Dunlop have been considered so its not the feel as much as how noticeable it would be.

Thank you in advance for your opinion

Hi Propilot,

There is more information about the pros and cons of split firmness mattresses in post #2 here. I think it would be fair to say that while there would probably be a few exceptions … most couples that have very different needs and preferences and decided to purchase a split firmness mattress have been glad they did.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix

Thank your for the response and the link. I guess the worst case scenario is if we do the different sides and we don’t like it then we can match the sides by getting matching firmness inserts after we try it out.

Hi Propilot,

If the split itself is an issue (vs the transition between different firmness levels) and you are confident that you have the most suitable firmness level on each side you can also glue the top layer together using a glue such as here or sleeplikeabear.com/Latex%20Foam%20Project%20Tools%20Latex%20Glue%20and%20Accessories]here[/url] or here. Any upholstery shop should also be able to provide you with a spray glue that would be suitable. Of course if you glue each side together then you would lose the flexibility to rearrange or exchange that layer on each side of the mattress.
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: sleeplikeabear.com/Latex%20Foam%20Project%20Tools%20Latex%20Glue%20and%20Accessories

Phoenix