Latex beds from BedMart

I am looking at a latex mattress called “Paula” at one of the areas chain stores. I am told that it is made up of three layers of different densities of talalay latex (thickness). The top layer is supposed to be a 5-zone configuration from head to toe. As I understand the area of the shoulders and hips is denser than at the head, stomach, and feet.

This is accomplished by more or less “vent” holes in the top talalay layer.

Is this possible?

Robert

Hi sleeper bob,

Yes … the size, depth, and spacing of the pincores in latex or other surface modifications can be used to create firmer or softer zones in the latex. There is more about zoning in post #11 here and the posts it links to and you can see an example of a zoned latex layer here (with 7 zones in this case).

Typically the section under the shoulder would be softer to “allow” the shoulders to sink in more deeply … not firmer (denser).

Zoning in a mattress can either be beneficial, detrimental, or neutral depending on how well the zoning “matches” your body type and sleeping positions in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

Phoenix