Latex bliss worlds best bed

I just purchased from healthy back their pristine latex bed. Also called worlds best bed.
It felt great the first night then I began to feel sore when I woke up. I felt like the bed pushed back all night.
I wonder about the quality of the bed. I’m so disappointed. I spent quite a bit of time in the store laying on the bed and thought I’d solved my problems . I’ve slept on it now for over a month and I’m thinking I’ll have to return it and start over. Even though it feels hard I’m wondering if I’m getting the support I need. I am certainly not getting the pressure point relief I need. I have been hesitant to get a memory foam bed because of the outgassing. I know if my bed continue to smell like chemicals I won’t to deal with that even if it does feel good.

I live in Lexington Kentucky 40504. Any suggestions about a good mattress company here …?

Hi Jeanne,

I’m sorry to hear that your mattress choice didn’t work out as well as you hoped for.

[quote]It felt great the first night then I began to feel sore when I woke up. I felt like the bed pushed back all night.
I wonder about the quality of the bed. I’m so disappointed. I spent quite a bit of time in the store laying on the bed and thought I’d solved my problems . I’ve slept on it now for over a month and I’m thinking I’ll have to return it and start over. Even though it feels hard I’m wondering if I’m getting the support I need. I am certainly not getting the pressure point relief I need. [/quote]

Pure Latex Bliss mattresses (now called Pure Talalay Bliss) are made with Talalay latex which is one of the highest quality and most durable materials used in the industry so you certainly made a high quality choice but the quality and durability of a mattress has nothing to do with whether a mattress is a good “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) or how well you will sleep on a mattress.

While it’s not possible to “diagnose” mattress comfort issues on a forum with any certainty because they can be very complex and there are too many unique unknowns, variables, and complexities involved that can affect how each person sleeps on a mattress in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP or any “symptoms” they experience … there is more about the most common symptoms that people may experience when they sleep on a mattress and the most likely (although not the only) reasons for them in post #2 here (at least to the degree that any symptoms are the result of a mattress and not the result of any pre existing issues or circumstances).

Having said that … while I don’t know anything about your body type or sleeping style and I can’t know for certain … the Pristine (aka Worlds Best Bed) is their softest mattress (see post #2 here for the specs) and for many people would probably be too soft to provide good alignment for your spine and joints over the course of the night so if I had to guess I would say it’s very likely that you may need a firmer mattress that keeps your spine and joints in better alignment.

The “pushback” you are talking about is because latex is the most resilient and “springy” of all the foam materials and this is just part of the “feel” of Talalay latex and is one of the reasons why some people like latex so much and some people don’t. It could also be related to the softness of your mattress as well.

It’s very difficult to “fix” a mattress that is too soft without removing and replacing the layers that are too soft with firmer layers although there are also some suggestions that can sometimes help (at least to some degree) with a mattress that is too soft in post #2 here but if you aren’t sleeping well on a mattress and you have the option to exchange it for a different mattress that would be a better “match” for you or return it for a refund then that’s certainly what I would do since there would be little point in keeping a mattress that you don’t sleep well on if you have better options available to you.

Each mattress category (see this article) can include hundreds of different mattresses with a very wide range of different designs, different “feels”, different characteristics, and different firmness levels. Every individual layer and component in a mattress (including the cover and any quilting material) will affect the feel and response of every other layer and component both above and below it and the mattress “as a whole” so each mattress category will generally include some mattresses that have a design that will be a good “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP and others that use the same type of materials and components and are in the same category and may be just as durable but have a different design or firmness level that may be completely unsuitable for you to sleep on … even if it uses the same general type of materials and components. The only way to know for certain whether any specific mattress will be a good “match” for you in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP will be based on your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in the tutorial) or your own personal experience when you sleep on it.

The only reliable way to to assess the “safety” of different materials in more general terms is based on lab tests and the certifications they have for harmful substances and VOCs so that you have some assurance than the VOCs are below the testing limits for the certification (see post #2 here for more information about some of the more reliable “safety” certifications). If the materials in a mattress or the mattress itself has a reliable “safety” certification then for most people they would certainly be “safe enough” … regardless of the type of material or the name of the manufacturer on the label.

I’m not sure what you’ve read since you found the site but if you do decide to return the mattress and start over again then the best place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

While I can certainly help with “how” to choose … It’s not possible to make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or combinations of materials or components because the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, or PPP or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress), sleeping positions, health conditions, or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more reliable than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Once you reach step 3 of the tutorial and you are ready to start testing mattresses again then subject to confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list you wish to deal with is completely transparent (see this article) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked earlier in this reply … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Lexington, KY area are listed in post #3 here.

Phoenix

Thank you I will read (actually re read) the articles you mentioned. Really appreciate your conscientious and detailed response. . This is helpful! I have to say shopping for a mattress maybe even more complex than buying a new car . So you provide a great service.
Jeanne

Hi Jeanne,

You’re certainly not the only one that has similar thoughts :slight_smile:

In its simplest form choosing the “best possible” mattress for any particular person really comes down to FIRST finding a few knowledgeable and transparent retailers and/or manufacturers (either locally or online) that sell the types of mattresses that you are most interested in that are in a budget range you are comfortable with and that you have confirmed will provide you with the all the information you need about the materials and components inside the mattresses they sell so you will be able to make informed choices and meaningful comparisons between mattresses and then …

1. Careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in the tutorial) to make sure that a mattress is a good match for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP … and/or that you are comfortable with the options you have available to return, exchange, or “fine tune” the mattress and any costs involved if you can’t test a mattress in person or aren’t confident that your mattress is a suitable choice.

2. Checking to make sure that there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress you are considering relative to your weight range that could compromise the durability and useful life of the mattress.

3. Comparing your finalists for “value” based on #1 and #2 and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

I’m looking forward to finding what you end up deciding … and of course to any other questions or comments you may have that I can help with along the way.

Phoenix