Latex/coil hybrid and Zinus Super heavy duty foundation

Hello,

I’ve been reading a lot of posts here to buy a new mattress. Thank you for all the great info!

I think latex/coil hybrid with push talalay may be the kind I’d like (5’4", 120lb, side sleeper). I’m considering Flexus Comfort’s Quadra-Flex and the Ultimate Hybrid from Arizona Premium Mattress.

I am wondering if anyone could give advice on whether these mattresses would work with the Zinus Smartbase Super Heavy Duty foundation

I know Zinus foundations are not very popular here, but this one is pretty heavy duty. I already have the foundation, so I’d like to use it as is or with some modifications if possible.

I’d also love suggestions on any other similar mattresses.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Hi Pannonica.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile: It is great that the information on TMU has proved useful to you and that you’ve narrowed down your mattresses to two great options!

You can find out what kind of base is recommended by viewing each respective website. In the Quadra-Flex case, the recommended base is a slatted wood base with slats that are less than 3" apart.
AZ Premium currently offers wood and adjustable bases, but sometimes also has metal offerings.

The things to consider here are:

1. Will using this base void your mattress warranty?
  2. Will this kind of base affect the feel of the mattress?

I would recommend reaching out to both AZ Premium and Flexus and asking them their thoughts on using these mattresses with that particular foundation.

As for similar mattresses… the Alexander Signature Hybrid by Nest Bedding comes to mind as does the Hybrid 360 by Sleep EZ and the Natural Escape by My Green Mattress.

Of course, regardless of which mattress you ultimately select, I’d make sure to have a detailed conversation with your finalist retailer/manufacturer and provide them with your stats, body type, sleeping styles, general preferences and history, some general information about your current mattress, or what you have tested, and any other specific information or circumstances that could affect your choice of a mattress.

I hope this helps!
NikkiTMU