latex comparison

I want to buy the best mattress I can get. I’ve decided latex is the best for me. Is it worth it to get something like the FloBeds V-Core, or should I just buy an Ultimate Dreams from Amazon?

Also, can you feel the edges between the different zones of the V-Core?

Hi aggravatingmike,

Post #13 here has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase. There is no such thing as the best mattress for everyone because each person’s criteria and preferences are different … but the “best mattress for you” is the one that is the best match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences), uses the highest quality and most durable materials, and compares well to all your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Post #2 here has more about an all latex mattress vs a latex/polyfoam hybrid.

There is also more about Flobeds vZone in post #4 here.

I would also make sure you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choices.

Phoenix

I know that the FloBeds V-Core would be better, but I don’t know how much better. That’s why I need some advice. How big of a difference is there.

Hi aggravatingmike,

There isn’t any way for someone else to know how you will feel on any mattress or how much of a difference there would be or know how to quantify any difference for any particular person compared to a mattress that has the same design that wasn’t zoned or to another mattress with a different design.

While the vZone can certainly make a significant difference for some people because it provides some unique zoning options that can be very helpful for those that need it or are more difficult to “match” to a mattress … the only way to know how any mattress will feel for you is based on your own personal testing or sleeping experience and if that’s not possible then one you have narrowed down your finalists to choices between “good and good” then a final choice would be a matter of your “best judgement” based on your more detailed conversation with Flobeds and any other manufacturer or retailer you are considering and all the objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix