Latex hybrid recs

Looking for help, here’s my needs:

Male 6’3” 210 pounds, late 40s, stomach sleeper 80%, side 20%. Sleeps very hot
Female 5’7 135 pounds, side sleeper 90% back 10%. Neutral temp but mid 40s so hot flashes may be coming.

Looking for a king mattress. Would prefer an organic one (we are not hard core around it, would just prefer to use more natural materials). No cost constraints, mattresses are one thing that I won’t skimp on, but don’t want to pay for slick marketing either. I don’t like the feel of 100% foam, prefer something with springs.

Have looked online at Naturepedic, Avocado, Birch. Looked in person at Avocado at a furniture store near me. I liked the avocado, but I think I want a little firmer than my wife based on sleeping positions.

Appreciate any recommendations!

@Arizona_Premium @Sleep_EZ @My_Green_Mattress

Hi Tomas, we’d be happy to help and answer any questions. We recommend our Natural Escape mattress which is a hybrid and medium firm mattress. Please let us know if we can help in any way.
Thanks!
My Green Mattress

HI Tomas21 and welcome to the forums! Given your disparate weights and the fact that you’re a stomach sleeper, I think you’re going to have a hard time finding a coil hybrid that’s firm enough for you but softer enough for her. I’d recommend looking for something with a split firmness option, and maybe even something that would allow you to adjust or exchange the top layer if needed. I don’t have any specific advice in that regard, just wanted to throw that thought out there.

1 Like

Hi Tomas,

Welcome to Mattress Underground!

We offer only all-natural and organic mattresses, including Naturepedic, Savvy Rest, Vispring, Healthy Choice (which has been revamped in the last year), and our own brand, Naturally Organic.

Our offerings include hybrids with springs and latex, innerspring, and organic latex mattresses - most of them customizable, and most offer the split firmness option in King sizes.

Because they are all-natural, they are more breathable and sleep cooler - although I would caution you that bedding is the other piece of the puzzle when trying to sleep cooler. But that is a separate conversation!

Our staff is quite experienced (100 years of combined experience), and we deliver nationwide, so it’s no problem if you want to start with a phone call.

You mentioned Naturepedic - we have sold Naturepedic for many years. In addition to their latex-on-springs hybrids, they make an all-coil/no-latex option. Their EOS series and luxury mattresses have five different firmnesses, and you can choose from different firmnesses for each side. You can also swap layers out at a certain time after purchase if they are not working for you.

We also have several options for innerspring or all-latex to fit most price points.

I hope this is a helpful introduction, and I’d encourage you to browse our site and/or call us.

We are celebrating our 20th year in business with a sale this month!

Best of luck to you as you search!
Katie

1 Like