Latex mattress for overweight people

Question for ya,

I did do some reading and found some suggestions that for overweight people, you want a thicker mattress, and I assume a much thicker support layer.

Any thoughts/specifics on these numbers? Any ratio that is best? I know I’ll need to check comfort and support, but I’m also concerned about longevity.

Thanks in advance!

My stats - 6’2, 375 lbs. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Hi Fairview,

No … there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to use any formula, “theory at a distance” or specs (either for you or a mattress) to choose a mattress for someone else or to predict which specific mattress is best for them in terms of PPP (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

While nobody can tell you which specific mattress, materials, or mattress design to buy out of all the thousands that are available in the market … the tutorial post here has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to help you with “how” to make the best possible choice for you.

Post #3 here and the other posts it links to also has more generic information that may be helpful for those in higher weight ranges.

In most cases though … who you deal with and their knowledge, experience, service, and transparency about the materials in their mattresses can be one of the most important parts of a successful mattress purchase. They are the ones who will put your own legitimate best interests above their own, will give you the best guidance about the mattresses they carry, and will already know what you would otherwise need to “study” and learn.

Too little information can lead to some poor choices but too much information can also lead to information overwhelm and “paralysis by analysis” so having “just enough” information to be able to identify the better retailers and factory direct manufacturers that can help you make the best choices out of the options they have available is usually the most effective approach.

Once you get to step 3 in the tutorial … if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know of any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix