Latex mattress in San Diego area

Hi Scotsd,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I’m glad you found a new mattress that you like :cheer: and had a good experience with your local retailer – thanks for sharing your feedback. The Pure Talalay Bliss mattresses do use good quality materials. I hope you post again with your feedback on the model you chose and how it is working for you once you’ve had a chance to sleep on it for a while.

Phoenix

PS – I did remove the link in your post, as it does violate forum promotional rules.

While researching for a new mattress I found your excellent site and this thread containing a list of local suppliers. Excellent information!
Unfortunately, the nearest manufacturer to me seems to be out of business, at least temporarily.
On April 1st, 2017, a serious fire occurred at the Escondido Mattress Factory . They have a gofundme page which includes some photos. Click on the Updates button to see the damage.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hi Goughy,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing the sad news about the fire at Escondido Mattress. I’ve added an update to the San Diego list noting this and that they currently have not resumed business. I just spoke with Daniel and he is looking to re-open on July 15th at a new location near the old one, at 432 Venture, Escondido, CA 92029. It will be a “soft” opening and he said it will take him a few months to get things back to where they were with the location change and new equipment.

Phoenix

Thank you for following up with Daniel. I was reluctant to bother them at a time like this.

Good to know they are planning to resume soon. I hate to see small, independent, well-regarded operations disappear.

Hi Goughy,

Yes, I was happy as well that they are moving forward.

Phoenix