Latex Mattress - Potential Need for 2pc Split

My wife and I recently purchased a Paramount Nature Spa’s mattress (before I knew of the information on this site). My wife gives the mattress about 9 out of 10. She highly rates the mattress because it is eliminating her back pain. It replaced an 10+ year old Serta that was sagging and causing both of us back pain (but for her to a much more significant degree).

After reading a bit on this forum, I became concerned about the durability of the mattress. I made a post, and it was confirmed that we could lose the supportive benefits over a short period of time. Furthermore, I’m not very happy with the comfort (it’s too firm for me). Understandably, my wife is fairly indifferent to the comfort because the support layers (with perhaps some help from the comfort layer) are solving her back pain. She said it has about the same comfort when going to sleep (although with a different feel) as the old Serta.

We’re seriously considering returning the Paramount mattress but my wife is concerned if we’ll ever be able to find the same back pain relief in another mattress. My wife is also very constrained on time. So, we really need the next mattress purchase to be the right one.

We found the Sleep EZ mattress appealing because of the customization and split option. Could my wife choose layers in one of the Sleep EX mattresses that could replicate the support of the Paramount Nature’s Spa? What would those layers look like? Here’s the link to photos of the mattress and topper tags.

I (5’ 10" 140 lbs) actually like a very soft comfort layer similar to our old Serta. (I’ve attached the mattress tag photo to this post for the old Serta.) We’re both primarily side sleepers while occasionally rolling over to our back. Would I need different layers? Would you recommend a low ILD using Talalay or continuous pour Dunlop for the comfort layer? Should we go with 13" to get four layers?

Is there anywhere in Memphis were we could try something like your mattress or good variety of mattresses to see what materials / layers may work best for us? I think we’ve only owned innerspring mattresses in the past but definitely open to trying a latex mattress.