Latex mattress prices

Hi. I’ve been reading this forum fir a couple of weeks and I noticed an average price people paid for latex mattress in Montreal area was around $1300 to $1800 for a king size few years back. Did prices went up significantly since then? It seems every place I called is asking for $3000. Is that a going price nowadays? Just asking, not complaining))))
Thank you.

Hi ben88,

I can’t talk for other retailers, but our organic dunlop latex mattresses have gone up about 20% in the last 2 years.

The popularity of latex has grown quite a bit recently. People are now more aware of chemical off-gassing and VOC’s and want healthier options. The other main reason people are choosing latex mattresses is durability. In the last few years, we’ve seen more customers contact us to complain about mattresses they purchased only 2 or 3 years ago. They deplore the mediocre quality and sleep issues they have with their mattresses. The surprising fact, is that most bought them from a store that had a trial period, yet they remain unhappy with the choice they made. Actually most customers will be happy with any new mattress, as it’s a significant improvement over a tired old mattress. However the real comfort issues appear long after the 90 day trial period.

As a result of these factors and the increased cost in transportation and manufacturing, the price of latex has gone up in the last few years. However when you consider that many latex mattresses come with a 25 year warranty, the price of usage per night is minimal (and sometimes less) than a conventional mattress.

Did I answer all your question?
Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!
Mario

Thank you, kindly, for your answer, Mario.