Latex Mattress

Phoenix,

Where can I try out a latex mattress in Maryland (Baltimore-DC corridor)?
I’ve been to some of the large retailers in my area, but they seem to all have some kind of memory foam/latex hybrid or mattresses that were Innerspring “with Latex”. Neither my wife or myself like memory foam.

I’ve been thoroughly reading through your site. Thank-you by the way. (One thing I notice is that the search engine doesn’t seem to work very well.) I’ve tried numerous searches that returned nothing only to find the exact terms later on by simply drilling down through the site. Regardless I’ve been able find out a lot about some of the mattresses that I was considering purchasing.

I’m now leaning towards buying online from one the manufacturers on your membership list. But I just can’t justify the expense without at least trying out something comparable first.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

Hi SST4270,

Thanks for the feedback on the search function. Were you using the site search or the forum search? I’d also appreciate it if you could let me know a couple of search terms where this happened as it may help to figure out what is happening. I just searched the term “sag factor” and the site search came up with 5 pages where both words occur (the default). I also re-searched for these two words used as an exact phrase and there were 3 pages. A search for either of these words came up with 35 pages. The site search only searches the site itself (not the forum) so a search on the forum search engine will come up with these terms used in the forum. I may have to look at a site search that includes both … could this be what happened?

While the Baltimore - DC corridor is not great when it comes to independent manufacturers … there are a few places that would certainly help with getting a sense of the layering which would work best for you. This thread should help a bit.

You are wise to do some testing first IMO. While online manufacturers are a great source of value … especially when there are no local manufacturers available close by … your own testing will really help you be more accurate in the layering you select.

Good luck … and feel free to post if you have questions along the way.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

Thanks for the reply. It seems that you meant to include a link to a thread that would help answer my question, but the link doesn’t show up in the reply.

Regarding search criteria. I was searching for “sleep to live” mattresses in the forum. No joy. I did finally find the thread regarding the Mylife mattress which is the same.

Regards,

Steve

Hi SST4270,

Link fixed … oops :slight_smile:

I don’t think “sleep to live” is on the forum. I did a search for Myside and it did come up with the threads where the term is used. I think though that the forum search function doesn’t do so well on terms which have two words or more and if you put quotes around a phrase then it doesn’t work at all. For example if you search “my side” (without the quotes) it comes up with 53 pages where both words are used but it doesn’t search for the exact phrase. If you search for the term “pocket innerspring” (again without quotes) it will come up with hits where both words are used even though the exact phrase isn’t used.

Over the next week or two I plan to add some upgrades to the forum which have a better search function so hopefully that will fix the search issue. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Phoenix

Thanks. Exactly the information I needed. I’ll keep you up to date with our decision and provide any feedback I can once we’ve spent some time in the bed.

Steve