Latex mattress

Time to buy a new mattress and would like to try latex. Are there any retail outlets that have them in their showrooms in northern nj? I would have a hard time ordering one online without trying it first.

Hi Bombacho,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in Northern NJ are listed in post #7 here and a number of them sell latex mattresses.

Phoenix

looks like dixie foam beds might be the closest retailer with options that fit in my budget , latex and cloud rest. they do not give specs on website re materials used and foam density. are you familiar with these products or have any thoughts on them. thank you for the info you provided.

Hi Bombacho,

I have talked with Mark on quite a number of occasions and I think highly of their knowledge about foam materials and the quality and value of the mattresses they make. They are also completely transparent about all the materials they use in their mattresses and only use good quality/density foams. None of their mattresses have any low quality foam or have any weak links in their design in terms of durability.

A forum search on Dixie (you can just click this) will also bring up more information and feedback about them. NOTE ADDED: They are now a member of this site as well

Phoenix

I spoke with mark after my most recent post and he was very informative and responsive to all my questions. I plan to visit the show room in the near future and will hopefully find a mattress that my wife and I can agree on but that is a discussion for another day. Thanks for your help, I will let you know the outcome of my visit to Dixie foam mattress .

Hi Bombacho,

I’m looking forward to your feedback after your visit :slight_smile:

Phoenix

NOTE ADDED: They are now a member of this site as well

My wife and I went to Dixie foam mattress today tried all the mattresses in the showroom and agreed on the cloudrest medium firm model. Mark was not there today and we were helped by Booth who was very informative and then gave us space while we made our decision. The mattress will delivered within the next 10 days and will update after have slept on it for a few weeks. My initial impression of Dixie foam mattress is very positive.

Hi Bombacho,

Thanks for the update and feedback and for letting us know what you ended up deciding.

I think you made a good quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you’ve received it and had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix