Latex Mattress

My head is spinning. We know we want an organic latex mattress, but can’t seem to decide which company. I read the shopping tutorial. We drove 3 hours to try out a Savvy Rest. We liked it, but honestly, the price is off-putting and we were uncomfortable in that particular store. There doesn’t seem to be a store any closer to us that carries latex mattresses. We like the idea of 3 layers that we can interchange. Since that will be our only chance to test, we want a company with a generous return/exchange (layers) policy. Any suggestions? Thank you.

To make it worse, we need a new bed (headboard/frame) to go along with it…that’s another difficult decision too.

Hi chickpea,

While I don’t have any specific suggestions … the tutorial post includes includes this link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online and many of them sell component latex mattresses that use different types of latex and have many different options, features, designs, and return/exchange policies that would be well worth considering if you are comfortable with an online purchase. Several of them make component latex mattresses that are very similar in terms of the materials, components, and design to the Savvy Rest latex mattresses but are in lower budget ranges. Post #3 here may be helpful as well.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses as well.

Post #1 here has some guidelines that can help you choose a bedframe and a support system that would be suitable for your mattress that may be helpful as well.

Phoenix

Thanks so much for the fast reply and suggestions. I will check them out!