latex mattresses

I have been researching this topic to death and it only leaves me more confused. Has anyone dealt with Sleepcomfort, they have an incredible price for Talalay latex mattress and adj. Leggett platt base. Making me leary that too good to be true including their “lifetime warranty”

Hi kaz143,

I don’t have any personal experience dealing with Sleep Comfort.

I would treat the purchase of an adjustable bed and a mattress as two separate purchases so you can choose which one of each you prefer and make apples to apples comparisons with each of them instead of being locked in to a combination where you may prefer either the mattress or the adjustable but not both (unless of course you would purchase the same mattress and adjustable from the same store if you were buying them separately anyway or you are receiving a discount for buying both that would make purchasing the combination purchase worthwhile for you). The same mattress will “work” just as well on any adjustable bed.

There is more information about choosing an adjustable bed in post #3 here and the main adjustable bed topic that it links to that can help you choose an adjustable bed based on price vs features comparisons and also includes some retailers that you can use as good sources of information about the features of the adjustable beds they carry and as pricing references as well (in post #6 in the main adjustable bed topic).

I’m not sure which of their mattresses you are considering or the price that makes it “too good to be true” but if it’s one of the mattresses they have listed here then they use good quality materials and there are no weak links in the mattress although I would want to know whether the Dunlop core was 100% natural or a blend.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

A mattress warranty only covers manufacturing defects in a mattress and not the gradual loss of comfort and support over time that is the main reason that you would need to replace a mattress (see post #174 here).

While Leggett & Platt don’t offer a lifetime warranty themselves … some preferred dealers provide a limited lifetime warranty (see posts #10 and #14 here and this topic) which can add to the “value” of an adjustable bed purchase.

Phoenix