Latex or Foam for Side Sleeper

Admittedly didn’t even know latex mattresses were a thing. Latex or Memory foam for a 1k-1500 budget? I’m a side sleeper, waking up with lower back and hip pain. Believe I need something that’s medium firmness with good support so I was thinking a hybrid or now maybe latex.

Hi ajc,

Please see my reply to your previous post…in short it’s largely a matter of personal preference. As you can see comparing the Mattress Specifications You Need To Know to the [Mattress Durability Guidelines] to the(Mattress durability guidelines ... how long will a mattress last), latex rubber is a very supportive extremely durable, breathable mattress material…however not everyone likes the feel of latex. Memory foam, like poly- and gel foam, can be a solution for s some sleepers, as long as the foam is of sufficient density; We suggest any foam in a potential mattress has no more than an inch or so of lower grade foams (for memory foam no lower than 4 lbs/cuft for normal range weights, and 5lbs/cuft for higher range weights) and if polyfoam is used, with at least 1.8 lbs/cuft density, just to ensure you have support.

Hybrid mattresses again, are great for some sleepers, but not others…an innerspring base can provide good support if, again, you like the feel. A good medium firm latex mattress vs a good medium firm latex hybrid or memory foam hybrid? Again this comes down to personal preferences for the most part. I would suggest again, if you can, trying out some different mattresses locally to see how they feel on your pressure points when you lay on them; if you can provide your Stats and some specific mattresses you are looking at, we can comment on their suitability for support and durability.

~ Basilio