Latex-pros and cons

[quote=“Phoenix” post=77072]

Purple uses a unique bucking column gel they call Hyper-Elastic Polymer. There is more about buckling column gel in this article and in post #2 here and the posts it links to and a forum search on " buckling column gel" will also bring up more comments and feedback about it as well.

The Purple mattress has been discussed quite a bit on the forum and it is covered in the Simplified Choice thread here and you can also perform a search on Purple here for other posts mentioning this product.

Phoenix[/quote]

I’ve been searching the site but haven’t found the complete story on the purple mattresses. Sounds like the materials are good from a quality standpoint and that there is a bit of a love/hate with the buckling column gel. I noticed a lot of negative reviews around sagging with the original purple mattress straight from their site. Sounds like they had some defects and I was curious if those quality issues have been resolved in the new purple hybrid premier beds? I am a side sleeper that is currently in physical therapy for shoulder pain and I think my current too firm mattress may have something to do with it. I’m very interested in the bucking gel but want to make sure I know what I’m getting into with purple. Any thought or other recommendations would be appreciated