Latex Pullout Sofa Mattress?

First off this is my first post and want to say thank you Phoenix for compiling such a helpful website. Just spent a couple of days digesting all the information and also visiting some of the recommended vendors just outside of Boston. I’ll probably be buying a mattress for my main bedroom based off of your information.

Ok. Now onto the main topic: I didn’t see any information on pullout sofa mattresses. I think I did a pretty good search but what are your recommendations for such a situation? Since depth is an probably an issue. What’s the best formula? Just core? I’m looking for something comparable to replace the basic Sealey I have now. I know some of the vendors do supply these but want to understand the translation from main bed to sofa. I’m not looking for something as comparable as in the bedroom but maybe a little better than now and DIY.

Hi newton33,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I’m happy that the information presented here was helpful to you. I’ll be interested in learning about any decisions you make for your master bedroom mattress.

While not a main topic of the forum, there is some information about replacement mattresses for a sofa sleeper in post #2 here. Be sure that whatever you choose is appropriate in thickness to replace your old model and flexible enough (latex certainly should be). Choosing something too thick will cause issues with the mechanism not being able to properly close/latch, and also create an uncomfortable seating surface.

I hope that information helps.

Phoenix