Latex topper for lumpy mattress

Hello! I’m interested in latex toppers, but not sure if it’s the correct solution to my problem.

I have an Ikea foam mattress (Queen, medium softness) purchased only 3 years ago that has become a bit uneven and uncomfortable, with ridges where my boyfriend and I sleep and a bit of a bulge in the center. I’ve rotated it a few times.
We are fairly slim… we’re both around 5’10, he’s 145 lbs and I’m 136 lbs. He tends to sit in bed more than me to do work. My boyfriend has a high tolerance for discomfort and never complains, but now has a very stiff neck and body aches. I also wake up quite stiff and have trouble falling asleep.

I was wondering if a 2" soft Dunlop latex topper would even out the bed and offer more comfort/pain relief.

We are both side sleepers, though my boyfriend also sleeps on his back.

I was thinking that we could get the topper, use the Ikea mattress for a few more years, then if it starts being uncomfortable, buy a simple quality mattress and continue using the topper, since they are reported to last.

Any input is appreciated! I was looking at the Sleep on Latex 2" soft, but I’m open to other brands, I’m in Canada.

Hi cat_nap

The topper will follow the shape of the mattress it’s placed on. So if the mattress has dips and a bulge the topper will have this as well. It may even out some of the smaller imperfections but it will not repair a mattress that needs replacement. However it will help with comfort and pain issues in the meanwhile. You can try it and if it doesn’t work out you can simply buy a solid 6" firm organic dunlop latex core and the place the 2" soft latex topper over it to make yourself a great mattress.

If you’re interested in buying Canadian we offer Organic dunlop latex toppers in soft / medium / firm for all your comfort needs

Did I answer all your questions?

Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!

Mario