Latex topper for pure talalay bliss nutrion mattress

I have a Pure Talalay Bliss Nutrition mattress that is now a little stiff for my side sleeping (age and injuries). My wife likes the mattress, so I want to try adding a topper to soften up a little but not too much for her. Seems most toppers are 2 or 3 inch, and I am thinking a soft one inch might be enough. So, looking for advice/experience – one inch soft, or 2 inch med latex topper!

Hi crashtcs,
Welcome to the Mattress UnderGround and becoming a MUGster.

Sorry you are now having issues with your mattress. There are a couple of options in addition to adding a topper.

When choosing a mattress topper, considering the ILD can be crucial for achieving the right balance of support and softness. Since you’re aiming to soften your mattress without compromising your wife’s comfort, the ILD rating of the topper is key.

For your specific situation, a one-inch soft topper with a lower ILD might provide just enough cushioning for your side sleeping needs while still maintaining the overall feel of the mattress for your wife. However, if you’re dealing with stiffness and pressure points, opting for a two-inch medium topper with a slightly higher ILD could offer better support and contouring, helping to alleviate those issues more effectively.

You may consider a 1" topper may allow your wife’s comfort to remain unchanged, while a 2" topper will probably satisfy your needs. This can leave you with a 1" offset. This is assuming you use the same material topper for each side.

If you were to use a 2" topper of wool on your side, the wool is likely to compress down to an inch and the heights will likely be barely detectable if you use a one inch topper on your wife’s side. If you were to use the same material for each side, you can take this route.

• You can place another 1" topper under your wife’s topper, with an ILD equivalent to the comfort layer of the mattress or that of the quilted cover, to maintain her level of comfort. Of course, this would require you to split the topper for each side of the mattress individually for you and your wife.

Thanks for the reply. Since I have a king mattress, is it plausible to combine 2 twin latex toppers (maybe glue them together)?

1 Like

Yes, absolutely.And you don’t need to glue them. Many times the latex just sticks together. You can also get a King size topper encasement with a zipper. It will keep them from sliding.You won’t feel the center and you will be fine.

King topper cover is what I was thinking. Now, to make a decision on 2 inch med king or two one inch mixed! I think the only one inch I found so far at a reasonable price is at SleepOnLatex.
Basically I sleep in all positions, and rotate through the night. I’m 7 weeks post rotator cuff surgery, and I’ve had both knees and one side of my hip scoped. The hip and shoulders are my problem points for sleeping. Through the night I rotate through positions and I’m either dealing with lower back ache, hip ache, shoulder pain, and arms may fall asleep (other shoulder is also beat up).

Yes, SoL has quite a few in a variety of sizes. My guess is they are one of a very few who offer 1" latex topper layers.

I ordered a king one inch soft latex topper from SleepOnLatex, and got one night on it. It definitely softened the bed, but still has good support. I was able to move to my stomach without issue, maybe even better since my shoulders don’t get pushed back, and my head/neck feels better positioned on my pillow.

1 Like

That is great to hear. One inch should not change the overall “feel” of the firmness, but it will add to some pressure relief and a bit of contouring. Also, when it comes to your pillow, think of it as 3 sections. Head, middle and foot (top middle bottom in thirds).

You want you head to rest in the middle or between the imaginary line between the top and middle. This will force the foot of the pillow close to your shoulder ensuring your neck is supported. If you rest your head at the “foot” of the pillow, your shoulder will sink into the mattress, your neck will be suspended with no support underneath and your head will most likely be angled up, straining the muscles in your neck and upper back.

When you visualize it, will make sense.

Maverick