Latex topper to soften existing Dunlop latex mattress

I would appreciate your opinion on adding a latex topper to soften our existing latex mattress.

My wife and I have a King size 8" thick Dunlop latex in zippered casing. I believe it is

• 2" 20 ILD soft top
  • 6" 40 ILD medium/ firm core

We are interested in softening it further, my wife likes softer mattresses and I want my shoulder to drop deeper into the mattress.

My wife is 5’7" 125 lbs - predominantly Side Sleeper – occasional back/ stomach sleeper
I am 5’11" 170 lbs - predominantly Side Sleeper – occasional stomach sleeper.

We are considering adding another 2" Dunlop soft topper. Do you have any thoughts on how much difference that would make? Should we consider a 3" instead.

Thank you!

For the top layer I would highly recommend Talalay latex vs dunlop. It’s more conforming and pressure relieving. If you need only to make a small change then 2" would do it but sounds like you need more so 3" of soft would fix the issues for sure.

I have to agree with Arizona. The best way to soften up a Dunlop mattress is with an all natural Talalay topper. The comfort is absolute bliss, there’s no comparison. Many local retailers where I live only sell Dunlop and say Dunlop is the most natural, yadda yadda, but ask Arizona about the all natural Talalay because it’s real, and it’s amazing. I’m in Canada but I’ve ordered all my talalay direct from Arizona Mattress to put on my Dunlop. Cheers.