Latex vs latex hybrid

Sounds good, let me know what else you find.

OK, Ken, I was finally able to try a full latex mattress with these specs:
Topper/Quilt layer -
Cotton and Wool topper (thickness unknown, has to be an inch as the mattress is 10.5" specified)
1/2" 14ILD Dunlop

Comfort layer -
2" 14 ILD Dunlop

Support system -
5" 28ILD
2" 14ILD

So that was the build top to bottom. My S.O. and I liked it better than previous foam and latex hybrids; however, my S.O. thought it was too much pressure on her hips when laying sideways. I would also like the top to be a bit more plush.

We tried a hybrid that was nice, actually, but I’m not sure of the build quality. I’ll post that elsewhere to get Phoenix’s opinion.

As far as this one goes, we have 10.5" of all latex and it was supportive, but not comfortable/plush enough for my lady, and I’d like a little more softness too. What do you see in a build like this that we could get more plush out of?

That makes no sense based on the specs you provided because that bed should have felt extremely soft. You have 3 layers of #14 which is categorized as Super Soft and because of that we only recommend #14 to people under 120 lbs. I can only guess you were given incorrect specs for that bed so maybe you can double check with someone else about it.

From all I’ve read, I was surprised too. Those were the correct specs though. I have no experiences with latex, so maybe I’m just expecting more plushness than it can really give.

The search continues, I guess.

Try searching Pure Latex Bliss or Savvy Rest. Those are two I’m very familiar with.

There is a retailer not far from my city to test. However, we ended up going with a Christeli mattress. Which is Memory Foam compared/comparable to TempurPedic mattresses.

We tested some TempurPedics and were able to find one that was plush enough for both of us and still supportive for my large frame. The size difference between us made this a rough search.

Thanks, Ken, for all your help here, and on your posts overall. Very helpful stuff!

@FunkDaLicious - Congrats on making your new mattress purchase, which Christeli model did you choose? Please post a follow-up once you receive the it with your impressions, it would be much appreciated and helpful for fellow members.

No problem, hope it all works out for you.

[quote=“Sweet Dreams” post=78392]@FunkDaLicious - Congrats on making your new mattress purchase, which Christeli model did you choose? Please post a follow-up once you receive the it with your impressions, it would be much appreciated and helpful for fellow members.
[/quote]

We ordered the Danieli. I’ll definitely post some information on the bed once we get it and have a few nights sleep on it… on the appropriate thread, of course.