Leaning towards Latex and want to pull the trigger, but want one last opinion from the experts

Good morning,TMU, My wife and I are finally going to pull the trigger on a king mattress. I had posted before and we decided to postpone the bed while we did some upgrades around the house.

I have done a tremendous amount of reading and research from here as well as reddit. Learned a ton, but feel just as torn for a new mattress as I did when I started

I believe I have narrowed down my choices to a latex mattress (largely in part from all of the recommendations here.) However, the only location I could lay on or ā€œfeelā€ a latex mattress was from the Original Mattress Factory and that was only for 5 minutes. They have a latex model that is flippable, but I donā€™t know much more about it. It felt good for the 5 minutes I laid on it, but other than that, I have no sample size. Iā€™m not sure what else to do since there arenā€™t any in stores around me. (Cincinnati Ohio)

Some background.
My wife, 5ā€™ tall, 140lbs. Mainly a stomach sleeper but will end up on her sides at times. Has compressed disks in her lower back and therefore nerve pain. However, she has no preference for a mattress and is leaving it up to me. She could fall asleep on concrete and in any position. Might be why her back is bad.

I am 5ā€™ 11" tall, 210lbs and mainly a side and back sleeper. I do sleep hot. We keep the house at 66 in the winter and I will still sometimes sweat with good cotton sheets and a light comforter.

Overthinking it, but thoughts I donā€™t have answers to
Previously I had a Tempurpedic from 2008 and I loved the feeling of laying on memory foam (Iā€™ve always enjoyed being engulfed in the bed and linens) but it got so hot and made me sweat something fierce. I know latex is the opposite of hugging feeling so will I even like latex for a full night? Would a good mattress cover like in hotels combined with softer latex help add some of this feeling?

Additionally, a thought Iā€™ve had is that I usually sleep great and not too hot in hotel beds. Not sure if its the mattress or environment, but I get great sleep when in nice hotel rooms and typically love the mattresses and linens. I have the Marriott credit card so I can get a decent discount on Marriott branded beds (St. Regis Mattress below $3,000 after discount.) After doing some research though, it seems like most of the Marriott beds are either Serta, or the Simmons higher end Beautyrest Black models. I would hate to pay that price for a name brand bed where you donā€™t get the quality or longevity of a smaller company.

I like the idea of the zoned latex mattresses, but is it really necessary? Also, would a hybrid latex be just as comfortable/good? - I know its subjective and the issue is that I canā€™t try any out unless I purchase them.

Again, I am nervous about going with a latex and not liking it then having the hassle of shipping it back. My overanalyzing Engineering brain working at its finest.

Brands for consideration
The brands I think Iā€™ve narrowed it down to are, Flobeds, Custom Sleep Tech, Saatva, Avocado, Flexus, Naturepedic, my green mattress, or Brentwood homes. Any I should be considering that I donā€™t have on the list? I also like Aireloom, but donā€™t think I can justify the cost.

I should also mention that we do want to do an adjustable base.

Planning to pull the trigger during the Memorial Day sale.

thanks in advance!

Do you need zoning?

Here is the dealā€¦.
What if (top to bottom): MMF is great for back, but shoulders are sore? But SMF is great for shoulders, but back does not have support? Then a Zoned top layer of latex is good. How do you know? You really dont know.

1-How picky are you? If you arent picky, then maybe you dont need zoning.
2-Go with Flobeds VZone and try zoning. If you dont need it, turn VZone into one layer of whatever firmness you want.

National latex brands to try:
1-Posh and Lavishā€¦talalay and dunlop
2-King Koil Pure Bliss Brook Firm and Genesis Soft (all talalay)

I didnt like Dunlop at all. I found King Koil Pure Bliss Brooke Firm to be divine. A wonderful bouncy floating suspension feel.

John

Thanks for the reply!

I like the idea of the Flobeds especially with their goldilocks guarantee.

It looks like the Macyā€™s not too far from me is a King Koil retailer, but they donā€™t appear to have their Bliss line. I will have to stop by and see if thatā€™s an online mistake.

Hi cfralick, and welcome back to the Mattress Underground (after several years) :slight_smile:

My reply to your questions may be long and windy but you have many things to consider before narrowing down your mattress options.

I have done a tremendous amount of reading and research from here as well as reddit. Learned a ton, but feel just as torn for a new mattress as I did when I started
Previously I had a Tempurpedic from 2008 and I loved the feeling of laying on memory foam (Iā€™ve always enjoyed being engulfed in the bed and linens) but it got so hot and made me sweat something fierce.

Sleeping ā€œfierce-fully hotā€ is something that most memory foam beds have in common. This is the case even with the more specialized gel-memory foams which inundate the market. You were fortunate to get 15 years of use from your mattress except that there have been many changes in the industry since you purchased your Tempurpedic and unfortunately most of them havenā€™t been for the better (see post #3 here. In the current market, itā€™s a good idea to avoid many of the major brands as they tend to use lower quality and less durable materials in their mattresses than many of their smaller competitors. I would also avoid any mattress regardless of the name of the manufacturer where you arenā€™t able to find out the quality and durability of the materials inside it to make sure there arenā€™t any lower quality materials or ā€œweak linksā€ in the mattress (see the guidelines here ).

It looks like your 15 years old Tempurpedic used the 5.3 lbs/cuft density memory foam (a good and durable grade of foam) Tempurpedic stopped disclosing foam densities and construction of their beds. This discourages consumers from making comparisons with similar beds manufactured by their smaller competitors. Itā€™s good to see that you are keenly aware of this practice which often hides the use lower grade materials that greatly diminish the longevity and useful life of a mattress,

I know latex is the opposite of hugging feeling so will I even like latex for a full night?

I cannot say if youā€™ll like the latex feeling as this is something very personal but ā€¦.latex is very close to the ā€œhuggingā€ and cradling feeling of memory foam. How "hugging: it also depends on the firmness/softness of the comfort layer(s). The softer the latex is, the more youā€™ll sink in.

Latex, like memory foam, is very point elastic which means that it compresses at millions of specific points across the surface to take on the shape of the body profile with much less effect on the area around the point of compression but it is also highly resilient which means it absorbs much less energy than memory foam which has little to no resilience at all. If you throw a ball at memory foam attached to a wall it will just drop to the floor while if you throw a ball against a wall with latex it will bounce back.

While Memory foam does a very good job at minimizing motions transfer, it will generally be the least breathable and most insulating of the foam comfort materials, so as you noted temperature can be an issue and youā€™d want to make sure that you donā€™t choose something with too much memory foam on top that you sink in too deeply as the more you sink into it the more will sleep hot.

In summary, latex conforms well to any body shape, it also provides additional secondary ā€œsupportā€ for the recessed areas of your body, sleeps much cooler, and has a livelier response than memory foam but it is more expensive than memory foam. Memory foam is great at pressure relief but sleeps hot and is not as lively and conforming when changing positions during the night.

Would a good mattress cover like in hotels combined with softer latex help add some of this feeling? ā€¦//ā€¦
Additionally, a thought Iā€™ve had is that I usually sleep great and not too hot in hotel beds. Not sure if its the mattress or environment, but I get great sleep when in nice hotel rooms and typically love the mattresses and linens. I have the Marriott credit card so I can get a decent discount on Marriott branded beds (St. Regis Mattress below $3,000 after discount.) After doing some research though, it seems like most of the Marriott beds are either Serta, or the Simmons higher end Beautyrest Black models. I would hate to pay that price for a name brand bed where you donā€™t get the quality or longevity of a smaller company.

You are quite right! Hotel mattresses can be deceiving as oftentimes just about any other mattress youā€™ll sleep on can feel better than a mattress that started to fail. ā€œHotel mattressesā€ tend to be of lower quality and value than the consumer mattresses made by the same manufacturer in the same price range and more basic versions of the retail products that many mattress companies offer (which isnā€™t a good thing). One of the ā€œsecretsā€ to many hotel mattresses is that they usually use a bedding package that includes a mattress pad or topper that is a big part of how the mattress feels and can also add to the durability of the mattress (replacing a mattress pad or topper can be less costly than replacing a whole mattress because a mattress or sleeping system will usually soften or break down from the top down). In many cases, the more subjective short-term experience of sleeping at a hotel is an improvement over the mattress that people sleep on regularly and this often ā€œtranslatesā€ into the perception that hotel mattresses are better than they are. They are a frequent source of buyerā€™s remorse. They tend to be firmer products using softer ā€œtop-of-bedā€ materials to create extra plushness. Thereā€™s more good information about hotel mattresses in(post #3 here)

All in all, outside of whether a mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP ā€¦ a mattress is only as good as the quality of the materials inside it so regardless of the name of the manufacturer

I like the idea of the zoned latex mattresses, but is it really necessary? Also, would a hybrid latex be just as comfortable/good? - I know its subjective and the issue is that I canā€™t try any out unless I purchase them.
Again, I am nervous about going with a latex and not liking it then having the hassle of shipping it back. My overanalyzing Engineering brain working at its finest.

All your questions are excellent but Iā€™d set out for a mattress testing trip (not shopping) There are too many personal variables and unknowns that nobody can answer for you. A hybrid latex can be just as good as an all-latex bed or even an all-foam bed with good high-density foams your answer though is all in the details and how a particular style of a bed or a specific material feels to you. Zoning can certainly be useful and well worth considering for people that have more difficulty finding a mattress with the right ā€œbalanceā€ between comfort/pressure relief (under the shoulders especially) and support/alignment (under the hips/pelvis especially) or who have more challenging circumstances or sensitivities, body types that are more difficult to ā€œmatchā€ to a mattress, more complex medical issues, or who have a history of having more difficulty in finding a mattress that works well for them. There is more info in this article about mattress zoning .

Any mattress will feel and perform differently for you and your wife, based on your PPP (Posture & alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences and your stats (height, BMI, sleeping position(s), age, and any underlying health conditions) ā€“ thanks for providing those! You are both higher BMI sleepers, and as you sleep hot, you likely want to avoid memory foam. Lower-density memory foam can prematurely ā€˜break downā€™ causing the mattress to sag over time which will likely affect your spinal alignment.

Firstly Iā€™d go for a mattress-testing spree. Iā€™d make a list of shops to visit based on their willingness to provide the Mattress Specifications You Need To Know to the Mattress Durability Guidelines. (I would personally not try any mattress unless they are willing or knowledgeable enough to provide this info). Because of your larger BMIs, you most likely need a thicker mattress. (11") or more. Thicker mattresses and layers can ā€œactā€ softer so with a slightly thicker mattress you can use firmer layers on top that are more adaptable to a greater range of weights and sleeping positions. See post #14 here for more about layer or mattress thickness.

Latex is one of the most durable mattress materials available but higher BMI individuals will wear out the softer comfort options even for latex. Even though you say you like being ā€˜engulfedā€™ in a mattress, you need to ensure you both have adequate support especially as you are both stomach sleepers. Latex is more supportive and has a unique feel, that you may find pleasant even though people that transition from memory foam to latex need a bit of adjusting to the new feel.

I believe I have narrowed down my choices to a latex mattress (largely in part from all of the recommendations here.) However, the only location I could lay on or ā€œfeelā€ a latex mattress was from the Original Mattress Factory and that was only for 5 minutes. They have a latex model that is flippable, but I donā€™t know much more about it. It felt good for the 5 minutes I laid on it, but other than that, I have no sample size. Iā€™m not sure what else to do since there arenā€™t any in stores around me. (Cincinnati Ohio)

The Serenity Flippable Latex mattress at The Original Mattress Factory; has a 1" 19 ILD and 2" 24 ILD latex layer on each side, with a 4.5" hq foam of 2.5lbs/cuft density these are good and durable materials. What would probably work against you is that larger BMI sleepers youā€™ll probably sink through the 3" of soft & medium latex comfort layers and ā€˜bottom outā€™ on the foam support core. Also being flippable it acts more like a 8-9" thick mattress as the bottom layers will compress under the weight of the sleepers and the top layers. Iā€™d recommend looking at slightly higher profile mattresses so that you can trade the thickness for a little more firmness in the comfort layers (thickness and softness are interdependent ā€¦ the thicker the mattress the softer will act given the same materials)

The brands I think Iā€™ve narrowed it down to are, Flobeds, Custom Sleep Tech, Saatva has many lineups, Avocado, Flexus, Naturepedic, my green mattress, or Brentwood homes. Any I should be considering that I donā€™t have on the list? I also like Aireloom, but donā€™t think I can justify the cost.

Of the mattress models you listed,

Yes Sattva has many lineups one general observation is that it does not list many of the specs youā€™d need to know such as densities of the gel memory foam they use in some of their mattresses

Avocado has good durable materials but some of their customers complain about being too firm and you may not have the ā€œhuggingā€ feeling you are looking to replicate.
Naturepedic uses good materials but again it depends on which of the lineups you are considering (classic, Pillow aTOP, Trilux)
Brentwood also uses good materials and construction but for higher BMI I would not recommend: anything with BioFoamĀ® memory foam density: of 4lb/ft3, ILD: 14, and the same for their AirLuxe Foam at 1.8lb/cuft

I am glad to see you are considering quite a few of the Trusted Members of the site, which have all been vetted for quality, transparency, great customer support, and generous exchange and return policies. Custom Sleep Technology has several customizable latex and latex/foam mattresses and has many years of experience in guiding consumers,Flexus Comfort carry several natural & organic latex and latex hybrids,

@FloBeds has V Zone latex mattresses Dave and Dewey along with Bob @CST are among the most customizable and versatile mattresses on the market (assuming you like the style and materials) My Green Mattress too has a number of latex and latex hybrid mattresses, and at a variety of price points, as you didnā€™t state a budget.

If you reach out to any of them, youā€™ll be reaching out to the people that manufacture the products and have great knowledge, experience, and are extremely versed in guiding potential buyers with the highest probability of a good-fit mattress.

But first things first ā€¦ youā€™d need to determine what type of mattress style and type of materials you like, in combination with your personal stats and level of comfort. So again a mattress testing trip would be most revealing.

Phoenix

Phoenix, thank you so much for such a detailed response.

a few items that I noted

• I understand the bed set is how hotels make beds feel better. That said, do you recommend a mattress topper?

• I am all for a mattress testing trip, but am concerned with my options here in Cincinnati. Mattress stores that I have access to seem to only carry big name brands. I did find one guy who carried Kingsdown and they were comfortable.

1. Mattress Firm
  2. OMF
  3. Ashley Furniture
  4. sleep outfitters

These all have the normal name brad mattresses. The smaller shops tend to also only carry the Sealy, Serta, Simmons, etc. I am having a tough time finding any of your trusted manufacturers that are anywhere close to be able to try them out. By mattress testing trip, do you mean that we should go to these stores and find what feels good, then determine the materials and look for one of the trusted members who matches closely?

Budget - somewhat flexible. I know some of the latex mattresses were around $4k so I would be fine with that. I am a buy once cry once kind of guy. if the value is there, then I feel like I am getting a good product for a good price.

thanks again!

Cody

Saatva has great customer service and makes it extremely easy to return a mattress! I bought the Zenhaven all latex mattress from them. I realized that I could not move around on it very well because I needed coils due to my age (I am 70) so I returned it. They scheduled a pickup date and came and got it, no questions asked. They also have a latex hybrid mattress but I felt I wanted to try something softer. That is another option.

1 Like

Hi cfralick,

I understand the bed set is how hotels make beds feel better. That said, do you recommend a mattress topper?

Mattress toppers can add an additional layer of comfort to a mattress IF the mattress is in good condition and if it did not start developing sagging or soft spots (virtual impressions) which can result in the loss of comfort and support and the need to replace the mattress. Adding a latex topper with a temperature-neutral fabric will help with the temperature regulation you need and this solution is less expensive than replacing the entire mattress. Before choosing a toper as a solution to fix your issues Iā€™d consider the following:

Adding a topper to memory foam that can increase airflow and cooling though can also present some challenges though because it will reduce the amount of heat reaching the memory foam which can make the memory foam firmer ā€¦ especially if it is more temperature sensitive like the Tempurpedic. The topper guidelines in post #2 here and the other posts it links to can help you make the best possible topper choice. It also links to sources for memory foam, latex, polyfoam, and wool toppers.

• Iā€™d try to determine if the mattress did not already start developing the soft spots, and virtual impressions. You most likely will feel this as in the beginning it manifests as restless sleep, toss and turn in trying to find an adequate position, then over time pains and back pains will develop. These are among the many telling signs that your mattress reached the end of its useful life!
  • Having a higher BMI also will cause any mattress to change its properties much sooner than for average BMI sleepers.
  • Your mattress is already 15 years old and might need replacing in a few months/years down the road anyway. Does it make sense to find a temporary fix?

With sleeping hot, the materials, layers, and components of a sleeping system that are closer to the skin will have a bigger effect on airflow, moisture transport, and temperature regulation than materials, layers, and components that are further away from the skin. There are quite a few tradeoffs involved between how breathable a topper is ā€¦ and how much they will affect the feel of the mattress, the importance of natural materials, and of course cost.

I am all for a mattress testing trip, but am concerned with my options here in Cincinnati.
By mattress testing trip, do you mean that we should go to these stores and find what feels good, then determine the materials and look for one of the trusted members who matches closely?

Exactly! Since you arenā€™t really sure of what mattress you might like or find compatible, testing out different types and styles (all-latex, hybrid, innerspring euro top, pillow top, etc) will give you additional clues and data points on how different materials feel or mattress types perform for you. ā€¦ Iā€™d take some notes as sensations are fresh in your mind. This test is informative and you donā€™t necessarily need to get all the specs of a mattress. Once you settle on this you need to test only the models for which you can find Mattress Specifications You Need To Know to compare them to the Mattress Durability Guidelines. With a higher BMI this is even more important as no mattress would last as long. If you like all-latex then things are more simple as latex is the most durable material andā€¦ you wonā€™t really need to find much more than if the comfort layer is below 24ILD (anything below that for higher BMIs will breakdown fast)

Usually, the outlets that are selling major brands are overpricing them (even if they claim sales) You can get a better quality/value for a similar mattress from the smaller manufacturers. See how far you can go with testing and if you have any major revelations and weā€™ll take it from there as now you have too many variables to work with and may be counterproductive to cram all the info in another long post with if-then scenarios.

Where I am going with this is that once you have data and clues, you can reach directly to a mattress maker or experienced retailer (and not just a sales agent that does not have enough in-depth knowledge to guide you). If you donā€™t have anything worthwhile in your area you may want to consider this TMU directory of companies that sell online and have been vetted to provide excellent guidance, quality, and value and that you can reach out to Trusted Members based on the information you provide them. With decades of experience in the mattress industry in theyā€™d be able to approximate something you liked during your testing. You have a very generous budget and should be able to find a quality mattress that has the best chance to be a good fit for both you and your wife.

All in good time, first steps first.
Phoenix

Thanks for the good feedback on their customer service!

Also, get Supima Cotton percale sheets for a cooler sleep. They are not as soft and wonā€™t look as good as they are crisp and stay coolā€¦

1 Like

Hi cfralick.

Hester has a good point about bedding that helps with temperature regulation. The percale sheets are cooler and more breathable. The weave of a traditional one-yarn-over and one-yarn-under grid gives it a matte finish and a lightweight, breathable texture.

While I am not familiar with percale hester mentioned you can have a look at the cool & crisp cotton percale from the Canadian company @Takasa (free shipping to the US). Recently my close relatives that have trouble seeping hot have ordered a complete set of organic percale cotton bedding from them and gave me a short report saying that Takasaā€™s percale bedding makes a great difference and they donā€™t break out in sweats.

I managed to snatch one of their pillowcases and I can vouch for it. It is much cooler than regular cotton but I was surprised it still feels soft, and luxurious even though it has this special weave. (I did not compare it with their Sateen though)
FYI ā€¦I monitor my bedroomā€™s temperature rigorously and can sense any temperature variation due to covers or bedding etc. BTW since 2023, Takasa is now one of the newest additions to TMU Trusted Membership.

Percale may work very well to address your sleeping hot issues, especially if combined with a more temperature-neutral mattress.
Looking forward to hearing how the mattress shopping journey goes.
Phoenix

1 Like

Thanks @hester for the recommendation.

Thank you @phoenix for such crazy detailed responses. I will certainly start the mattress testing and report back with anything I find.

I currently have bamboo sheets and love them. They seem to be very breathable and super soft. How does Bamboo compare to Cotton Percale?

Iā€™ve never tried bamboo sheets.

Ok Iā€™m writing this on my phone so I havenā€™t had a chance to look up much info, but I wanted post while itā€™s fresh on my mind.

Tried several mattresses just now and Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that I really just like a mattress that feels like a cloud haha. All of the mattresses except the purple 4 were medium firmness.

I laid on the sterns and foster luxe estate, sealy hybrid, Serta hybrid, beauty rest black coil and hybrid, tempurpedic luxe breeze and regular luxe.

Out of all of them my favorite feeling was the purple 3.

I did like the luxe estate and how it felt. To me, it felt like it was a solid bed and overall just comfortable.

The sealy and Serta hybrids both felt great because I sort of soaked into the top layer. Nothing too crazy stood out.

I really liked the floating feeling of the purple 3. It felt like I couldnā€™t feel any of the bed pushing on my body harder than the other. What was surprising was that the purple 3 was medium and the purple 4 was plush but felt stiffer than the 3.

My second favorite was the beauty rest black hybrid. Overall it felt almost as good as the purple. Just comfortable overall.

Wasnā€™t sure what to expect, but I need to do more reading and try to come up with a conclusion because Iā€™m still just as confused.

Thatā€™s it for now.

The Purple has an amazing initial feel for sure. I feel like it is ā€œthe man made latexā€.

You should try out latex before you move on the Purple 3. I tried Purple 4 and returned it due to lower back pain. That doesnt mean that Purple is ā€œbadā€ or you shouldnt buy it.

Other cloud like mattresses:

Aireloom Preferred M1/M2 in firm or plush (4 mattresses). Very luxurious feeling. They also have a mattress pad you can add on the top.

King Koil Pure Bliss Latex (Brook(firm) or Genesis(soft)) Amazing feeling of bouncy cloudlike suspension that is hard to describe. 100% talalay latex

I can see why so many buy Purpleā€¦.but Ive heard that it does break down for some. Latex will last so much longer.

FYIā€¦Intellibed is very similar to Purple, but does not feel as direct as Purple does.

John

1 Like

When you say ā€œfavorite feelingā€ā€¦.that seems to imply comfort. I guess it could be Preference. Dont forget Posture/support!!! If you dont have enough supportā€¦.your back will hurt!!!

John

1 Like

Hi there,
Thought we would chime in on the topic of bedding.
Appreciate the mention @phoenix - bedding can certainly make a difference in your sleep comfort.
Many people stress and research the purchase of a mattress, but often overlook the importance of bed sheets in providing sleep comfort. As per my analogy, you wouldnā€™t put slick tires on in the winter, so you should research the appropriate type of sheets for the season and how you like to feel when you sleep.
We have a whole blog on sleep comfort and sheets :arrow_right: Percale, Sateen or Flannel? How to Pick the Right Bed Sheet Type For You

But to give you the quick 101 on percale - Our Cool + Crisp Percale weave is a crisp, lightweight cotton weave that is perfect for those who like to sleep cool, as it allows air to circulate freely around the body, while still providing adequate warmth. It is characterized by a one-over-one-under weave that helps regulate your body temperature. In addition to its cooling properties, percale also has a smooth, matte finish - ideal for those who prefer a lighter fabric feel. Cool + Crisp percale is perfect for the summer months for most, and year round for those who tend to sleep warm but want to feel cool. i.e. Get these if you do not like sweating at night.

Hope this helps - and as a TMU member you do receive 15% off with code TMU15 at checkout - plus we have a generous 60 day return policy if you find our bedding is not right for your sleep comfort. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the response. After laying on the Purple beds, I feel like I am more confident/comfortable going with latex. The Macyā€™s near me sells King Koil, so I am going to try and make a visit to them. If I can get the similar feeling, but have the other benefits of latex, I am 100% on board.

I saw an intellibed and almost laughed when I looked at the price lol. $5,299 for the cheapest version in king size.

I think I can elaborate on the ā€œfavoriteā€ feeling comment. The Purple mattress felt like I was on a cloud, but I think the sensation or feeling came from no points of higher pressure than others. The goal is obviously to see if I can achieve that feeling (no pressure points) while maintaining spinal alignment.

I do sleep very warm, so this is great. I will be looking into your bedding sets as soon as we decide on a mattress.

thanks for the reply!

1 Like

You can go the King Koil website to seach for retailers in your area. Macys typically doesnt have the KK latex, but you never know.

I think you will love the KK Pure Bliss Latex, but it is pricy! It is 100% talalay latex.

Another national brand with latex is Posh and Lavish with talalay and dunlop. I preferred KK latex by a mile, but I would still check it out!

It will help you determine if you like talalay or dunlop.

John

1 Like

It looks like they only have the Austen collection in stock. From what I can tell, this is the Macyā€™s collection from King Koil that has the below specs

• Coil count: over 3000
  • Top type: Euro top
  • Over 20 hand applied tufts
  • 2" fast response plush HypurGel plush foam
  • 14ILD graphite infused Talalay plush latex
  • Quilt layer is made of wool/polyester with 3" High Density Quilt foams for superior comfort and a cool sleep surface
  • High density 2,000 encased center & perimeter zoned micro coils support , and over 1000 nested zone wrapped coil system to ensure proper sleep alignment
  • A double vertical quilted design, a hand tufted support design and a v-shaped semi flex module add hand made tailoring and craftmanship
  • Compatible with an adjustable bed
  • Warranty: 10-year non-prorated
  • Meets federal fire retardant safety standard
  • Created exclusively for Macyā€™s
  • Designed and handcrafted in the USA of imported and domestic parts
  • Furniture & Mattress Delivery, Returns & Services
  • [Request warranty information](javascript:void(0):wink: