Legacy Pillow Top

Dear Phoenix,

For several months now we have been searching for the right mattress and thought we had found it. There have been several other posts related to our recent search. We did buy a mattress from Lebeda and have been so pleased with their level of customer service and willingness to customize a bed. Unfortunately, we got the bed home and after 3 weeks of sleeping on it, I am now experiencing a lot of pain in my hips while side sleeping from what appears to be too firm of a mattress.

We did buy a flippable innerspring consisting of 12.5 gauge offset coils, with layers of talalay latex, high quality HR and HD foams. In prior posts we talked about it before the purchase and there was no weak links in the materials. We still believe that we want an innerspring mattress as opposed to latex support core and are now planning to exercise our 30 day comfort guarantee to return the current mattress for another model and I wanted to seek your opinion once again.

The way the mattress is standardly put together is as follows:

1.5" HIGH DENSITY POLYESTER KNIT QUILT with 1.8 lb HD
.75" HIGH RESILIENCY FOAM with 2.7 lb HR
2.4" 1353 HYBRID 17 GA. MICRO COIL
PILLOW TOP GUSSETT

TUFTING FABRIC/ TUFTED
1" THERMAL BONDED COTTON PAD
LUMBAR 1.75 OZ. WOOL PAD CENTER 1/3
2.8 OZ. WOOL PAD PERIMITER (FULL SURFACE)
FLEXOLATOR INSULATOR
FLEXNET INSULATOR
805 LFK INNERSPRING 14.5 GA. 6"
1.75 OZ. WOOL PAD UNDER SPRING
BOTTOM TUFTING FABRIC
2.5" HIGH DENSITY BASE FOAM

Mattress profile aprox 14.5"

The manufacture has offered to either add a 1" layer of talalay latex (with an ILD of 28) between the two layers of foam above which will increase the profile or to substitute the latex for the HR foam above. Do you see an obvious weak link with any of these materials?

We laid on this mattress in the store and did like the way it feels without any customization and are more likely to leave as is. But wondering if the latex is likely to be more durable and a little more comfortable. Most of the comfort layer consists of the microcoils.

Thanks again for your input.

Hi Frustrated Mattress shopper,

[quote]The manufacture has offered to either add a 1" layer of talalay latex (with an ILD of 28) between the two layers of foam above which will increase the profile or to substitute the latex for the HR foam above. Do you see an obvious weak link with any of these materials?

We laid on this mattress in the store and did like the way it feels without any customization and are more likely to leave as is. But wondering if the latex is likely to be more durable and a little more comfortable. Most of the comfort layer consists of the microcoils.
[/quote]

All of these materials are good quality and durable materials so I don’t see any weak links in the mattress.

Latex is more durable than polyfoam (although 2.7 lb HR polyfoam is a very durable material in its own right) but because we’re only talking about an inch of foam any difference in durability isn’t likely to be very much much.

They would be in a better position to advise you about how it would feel if you replace the HR polyfoam because they are more familiar with the “feel” and the ILD of the polyfoam thay are using. If you were to add the inch of latex between the foam layers it would probably feel softer but again they would be in a better position to know about the “feel” of their mattresses and materials.

It certainly sounds like a good choice in terms of quality and durability in any of your possible configurations to me.

Phoenix

I looked at this mattress as it is built on the level of there top of the line. I kept having an issue with why it didn’t feel like the top line or REVE. The salesman told me that it did not have the same density as the two top line beds. Great bed but lower den city or more air infused. The cost were different as well. I chose the REVE to get as close to pure latex but with an interspring bed. The latex is thicker in the REVE than the Top line but didn’t have that second layer of coils. Loved the Top but 700. Bucks difference I thought the REVE met our needs but loved them all. The heritage was great also but the top two beds were at a different level of course you pay for it not saying that from the heritage to legacy were anything negative because I liked them better than strerns and fosters top line Marilyn or Simmons Hampton top line. Both at the 3000 price range. I will keep you posted

Agree, add layer of latex