Legett Platt Combi-Zone Pocket Coil came with many rips in the fabric

Just got my LP combi zone pocket coils (ordered from APM). The box was in good shape when it arrived but the product itself was a little dirty and many of the springs are exposed and there are many small rips in the fabric. I just want to know if this is normal and if it will affect the integrity of the mattress down the line. I am using the coils with 1" of Lux HD foam as a base and 3" of latex from Sleep on Latex as comfort layer. Cover will be 12" Sleep Like a Bear bamboo/cotton cover. I worry that these cuts will expand over time exposing way too much of the coils. Notice the one picture that shows cuts to the top of the mattress near the outer smaller coils. Just wondering if this is normal in the industry…

Also I should add that the fabric surrounding the coils has a fair amount of dirt on it and a few dead bugs came out when I unwrapped it from the plastic.

Not sure why my images aren’t showing up… I have uploaded them here as well… https://imgur.com/a/uhIG2E7

I think that’s really disgusting that 1.) a brand new product would come dirty and have ripped cloth. 2.) dead bugs

Honestly, I saw this mentioned in a customer complaint on the BBB for Arizona Premium Mattress. I thought I’d ignore that complaint and still consider their coil system for a DIY mattress build, but now definitely second guessing that decision.

At the end of the day if a company is going to sell a brand new product, it needs to be free of tears/rips and free of dead insects at the minimal. I hope APM works with you to make this right and I’m sorry you were given this poor quality product.

Also thank you for this post and the pictures to confirm the truth of what you received.

Could you please send pictures directly to me. [email protected] Obviously this is not normal so please help us out by sending pictures.

Sent you an email with more photos, thanks Ken. Please Let me know.

I’ve sent the solution to you several times from different email and have yet to get a response. Please contact me directly @ 888-77-7326