Live in NYC (10025-Upper West Side) - Looking for a Mattress

Hi All,

I just stumbled on this website today and feel this is life changing. I have been miserable for a solid 3 to 6 months on my mattress but for some reason, my wife still enjoys it. This has become a top priority. Recently walked into a local Sleepy’s and was very upset by the lack of details.

Anyway, does anyone have some good suggestions on where I can look at mattresses from retailers/outlets, etc… who TMU approved? I have a car and I am willing to drive, although not terribly for (20-30 miles would be ok). Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks!
David

Hi dsteltz,

Welcome … and I’m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start is the tutorial post here which includes all the most important information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

It may also help explain why different people can have a very different experience on the same mattress.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the greater New York City area are listed in post #2 here.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any comments and questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix