local manufacturers in the Austin, Texas area?

What options would I have for local manufacturers in the Austin, Texas area?

So far, I am (180 lbs) and a backsleeper and my wife (125 lbs) is a stomach/side sleeper. I don’t experience any back pains but she does (shoulders and lower back). We are in our mid twenties.

I am completely unfamiliar with purchasing a good mattress. In the past, I either received hand-me down mattresses from friends or family members or purchased the cheapest one possible off of an unknown posts on Craigslist. I’m purchasing my first home and would like to get a good mattress that will last. But, I know nothing about mattresses. This website is a GODSEND. I just started at your point #1 and I’m working my way through. I was hoping to take advantage of the labor day sales on mattresses, but I saw your warning about chain stores. So, any suggestions for local manufacturers in the Austin area would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Marlone

Never mind on this query. I found Phoenix’s recommendation for Austin in a previous post :slight_smile:

Hi mdh2449,

I’m glad to see you found the Austin list … and I wouldn’t worry about Labor Day 'sales" because the better manufacturers and retailers have good quality and value available every day of the year (see post #5 here).

A mattress purchase is one of the most important purchases you will make in the next decade or so and will have a bigger effect on your overall wellbeing in that time than almost anything else you buy so I would take your time and you certainly don’t need to feel any time pressure in your search.

I’m looking forward to your feedback and of course any questions you may have along the way :slight_smile:

Phoenix