Local Mattress Outlets still a gamble?

Based on the information I know so far from this website I am inclined to go with a local factory outlet. I have noticed that unlike most online sellers, they do not allow exchanges or refunds if I am not satisfied. I understand they offer comfort guarantees but that still makes me nervous. Here is why: I select a mattress based on how it feels in the showroom. How can I decide on a mattress based on how it feels when I don’t know how broken in it is? I know any new mattress I buy will not feel like it did in the showroom for a month or more after I’ve purchased it. If it doesn’t, If the factory can’t adjust the mattress to my satisfaction I am stuck with it. Often these local outlets saqy bring the mattress in for the adjustment. That is a very difficult task for a 70 year old man. I purchased a few mattresses online that offered free exchanges and returns with very generous trial periods The mattresses didn’t work out for me but at least I was not stuck with them. I live in Green Bay, WI.

We each have to determine what product works best for us and which sellers offer support and policies which best meet our needs. Some local builders that offer mattress adjustments instead of a return also have a pickup and delivery service as an option for an additional fee. You need to determine exactly what services are offered in this respect for any manufacturer before making a purchase, as well as whether an adjustment is a one time offer or if it can be made again later if needed perhaps for an additional fee.

  • Bill