Local retailers - Southeastern PA

I was looking for a good 2-sided mattress and it seems nowadays you have to go online to find them. I am hesitant to order something sight unseen. I have a flippable 10-12 year old Sealy Posturepedic that is sagging a bit; I hate to have to give it up but it’s giving me lots of backaches. I discovered there is a store about an hour from me in Pottstown, PA that makes their own mattresses, the Magic Sleeper brand. I was wondering if you heard anything, good or bad, about this local company. There’s also another company, Verlo, but I read a few bad reviews about them. From the little I’ve read about Magic Sleeper, they seem like a reputable company that makes a quality mattress. Do you have any suggestions for other quality retailers in the surrounding 19064 area in PA? Also, what are good specs for the foams used in the comfort layers? I’m overwhelmed and confused, and trying to avoid sleazy salesmen! Any input you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi cml1961,

Hopefully you’ve read this already but just in case you haven’t I would start with the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Once you get to step 3 … the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Philadelphia region are listed in post #4 here.

Magic Sleeper is certainly one of the better options in the area and I think highly of John Santos the owner.

This article includes the specs that I would make sure are available from any retailer or manufacturer you visit and post #4 here has more about the quality and foam density guidelines I would suggest.

Phoenix