Thanks for the awesome site. I have spent the last 4 months reading and thought today would be a good day to join int conversation for some advice. My wife and I are looking for our first mattress (we have been sleeping on a 15 year old posturepedic handed down from the family). You saved us from the “amazing sales” at Mattress Firm. Though the retails shopping experience did show us that we like memory foam mattresses.
We visited SleepWorld here in Austin, but left feeling like Bob really did not care to help us (perhaps we caught him on a bad day?). We have tried several mattresses and like have 3-4inches of comfort layers over the varying density base layers. We like a softer feel with enough support for a 230lb side sleeper (me not her…
).
I would like to purchase from one of our member companies to support good business. Our budget for a King is limited to approximately $1000. I think we would fall into the value shopper category until I finish grad school, but our mattress is sagging and causing back pain.
It is hard to tell any major difference in how these might feel. Do you have any advice to offer?
The Sundance seems like an excellent value from RMM, but I’m not sure how the convoluted foam effects the feel.
http://www.rockymountainmattress.com/memory-foam-mattresses/the-sundance-10/
This one seems to be similar with the 4lb foam, but I have no idea what layers the base is made of in this case.
This one from Brooklyn Bedding also seems similar.
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Dreams-Memory-Foam-Mattress/dp/B009SQK13I/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&m=APCUWEOU23BHI&qid=1357268549&s=generic&sr=1-6
This is not on the members list, but other posts have mentioned it as a good value. Probably with the Aerus for a little extra softness compared to the Sensus.
https://www.sleepez.com/memory-foam-mattresses.htm
I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!
Impalpable (Scott)