Looking for 3rd mattress in 3 years...

HAPPY SLEEPER UPDAT:

Hi there again -

First and foremost, I canā€™t thank you enough for the help Pheonix (and everyone else on this wonderful site)! I couldnā€™t be happier with my Evosleep!!!

As Iā€™d mentioned before, Iā€™m a hot sleeper, and took some of the steps youā€™d provided to changing that. Purchased an organic, breathable protector that has really helped to cool things down. Next up are the sheets!!! Iā€™ve been doing a lot of research, and am coming closer to purchasing some from bed bath and beyond. Thanks! That one addition (the protector) has really improved my night time temps!

The Bed!

After three months, Iā€™m simply blown away by the comfort and support that my bed supplies. Every night, I look forward to crawling in and laying down in any position! My back pain has dissapeared in the mornings, even when I wake up laying face down (i move around sometimes at night). Literally, havenā€™t woken up ONCE with the pain I had previously. I feel refreshed throughout the day! The bed has broken in now, and Iā€™ve spun it a half turn once so far, just to make sure Iā€™m sleeping evenly. Itā€™s still incredibly soft, yet supportive, and is showing NO signs of dip anywhere. Seeing as Iā€™m in the upper 200 lb range, I was fearing the worst based on prior experience. Not so. Comfort, supportive, stylish, comfortā€¦did i mention itā€™s comfortable? Holy cow itā€™s comfortable. The upper layers feel like a plush top, but the support layers really cradle your neck/back where you need it. I show as many people as I canā€¦sounds weird, but Iā€™m a believer in paying for the quality of a good nights sleep, and will happily give ā€œtest ridesā€ (no, not that kind haha) to all of my friends. A peaceful, healthy sleep truly is a lifechanging experience!

This truly is a wonderful bed for me, and wholeheartedly encourage anyone with similar problems and weight to check it out.

OH, I also purchased a top of the line Tempurpedic pillow, and it was worth every penny as well.

Anywho, just wanted to check in, and let everyone thatā€™s seen this bed knowā€¦I give it two thumbs way up!

Hi broncomania,

Thanks for another great update :slight_smile:

I also appreciate your feedback about adding cooler components to your overall sleeping system and how much difference it can make. A lot of people focus on how cool a mattress sleeps and may not realize the effect that bedding can also have (in both directions) in regulating sleeping temperatures.

Phoenix

UPDATE:

First and foremost, thanks again for all of the wonderful information provided on the site here!

Iā€™ve had 4 blissful years of bed ownership, and then things finally started getting a bit different as of about a year ago! I noticed that there was a growing indentation in my mattress. Itā€™s gotten to a point now, where almost every morning, Iā€™ll end up in the middle of my bed (I start on either side of the mattress when I fall asleep). I was really hoping that this one would go the distance a bit longer, but, it didnā€™t! The mattress itself (outside of the large spot in the middle) is still supple, comfortable, supportive, etc etcā€¦but itā€™s not something that I can keep going with. I will say, my back problems were pretty much non-existent for the last 4-4 1/2 years! Now, theyā€™re coming back, and the only thing in my life thatā€™s really changed is my bedā€™s shape!

Part of the problem (and I knew this going in), is that Iā€™m a heavier person. I started off around 270lbs, and while Iā€™m down to 250, I realize that this amount of weight can speed up the deterioration process in materials.

Anywho, I would STILL give this mattress a solid 4/5 (for the previous 4 years), but if youā€™re a larger person, itā€™s a pretty costly bed to have to swap out after just 5 and a half years.

Lastly, Iā€™m going to contact the manufacturer to see if it will qualify for some type of refund (they a 10 plus year guarantee), but in looking at the mattress itself, there isnā€™t a 3/4 inch divot yet.

Thank you again Mattress Underground (specifically you, Pheonixā€¦youā€™re awesome!), my new bed is on order (thatā€™s another story, but Iā€™m going with a Tempurpedic), I tell everyone I know to head your way when they have bed questions!

Cheers

Hi broncomania,

Welcome back!

I appreciate you taking the time for a five-year follow-up on your Sherwood Bedding EvoSleep mattress. Iā€™m sorry that things arenā€™t working out well for you with it. While all foams will soften with use over time, I suspect the excessive softening youā€™re experiencing may be the result of some of the polyfoams for which we never received density information.

Also, congratulations on your weight loss. Twenty pounds lost is better than twenty pounds gained!

And thank you again for your kind words.

Phoenix