Looking for a good King sized mattress in Waynesboro, PA

Hi tooharsh,

I think the first place I would start is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

While Costco sells some some mattresses that use better quality and more durable materials … (such as the Sleep Science latex mattress) and many major brand mattresses that use either unknown or lower quality materials which I would completely avoid (see the guidelines here) the quality and durability of a mattress and the suitability of a mattress in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) are two completely separate issues (the quality of the materials in a mattress has little to do with how a mattress feels … only how long it will likely last) and the customer service reps at Costco know very little about matching their mattresses to the needs and preferences of different people with different body types, different sleeping positions, and different preferences. You can see more of my thoughts about buying from Costco in post #4 here. The only good thing about buying from them is that you get a free “roll of the dice” because of their return policy. I would also avoid using reviews as a way to decide whether a mattress is a good match for you because a mattress that is “perfect” for one person or even a group of people can be too soft or firm and completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

You can see my thoughts about the Habitat latex mattresses in post #3 here and a forum search on Habitat (you can just click the link) will also bring up more information and feedback about them. Again their latex mattresses use good quality materials but they have limited options to “fit” their mattresses to different people, body types, and sleeping positions and it’s also an “all or nothing” choice. While they are a “better than average” choice … they wouldn’t be in the same “value” range for most people as the list of members here that sell latex mattresses online that are linked in the tutorial post.

You can see my thoughts about airbeds in general in this article and while any type of mattress may work for some people … they are also not the best choice for most people compared to other types of mattresses IMO.

I’m not sure where you read that I recommend Restonic because I don’t recommend any specific mattress based on brand (see post #5 here about brand shopping which along with using mattress reviews is among the worst ways to choose a mattress). There is more in post #13 here about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase and outside of careful and objective testing for the suitability of a mattress … the next most important part of a successful purchase is durability and you always need to make sure you know the quality of the materials inside it (see this article) so you can identify any weak links in the mattress (see the guidelines here) and make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses … regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label. I would avoid any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the type and quality of all the materials and components inside the mattress. I do include Restonic on many of the forum lists because many of their licensee factories are more transparent about the quality of the materials they use in their mattresses so it’s more likely that you can find out what you would need to know to make an informed choice and they are often in a better quality/value range than the major brands.

A successful mattress purchase boils down to …

1. Testing for suitability in terms of PPP (or if you can’t test a mattress in person then making sure you have a more detailed conversation with an online retailer or manufacturer who can “talk you through” the options they have available and can help you “match” their mattresses to your specific needs and preferences … see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

2. Checking for durability and any weak links in a mattress based on knowing the type and quality of the materials in a mattress (see this article and the quality/durability guidelines it links to).

3. Comparing for “value” based on #1 and #2 along with all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of that are closest to you would be in the Baltimore list in post #2 here or in the Harrisburg list in post #2 here or the Leesburg/Frederick list in post #2 here but I would always make sure you don’t treat any of these as specific “recommendations” and make sure you test for suitability, check for durability, and compare for value with any mattress you are considering.

None of these are particularly close to you so I took a look in the Waynesboro and Hagerstown area to see if there are any “possibilities” that are any closer to you. While I haven’t talked with any of these … based on their websites these are the stores and the brands they carry where your chances of being able to find out what is inside their mattresses is a little higher … assuming that they would be willing to call the factory for the specs of any mattress they don’t know.

L & S Furniture and Bedding Center | Waynesboro, PA - Store Location Waynesboro, PA. Restonic

http://www.springviewapp.com/ Chambersburg, PA. Pure Latex Bliss (Talalay latex).

http://www.yourmodernhome.com/index.html Chambersburg, PA. Bedding Industries of America

http://www.wolffurniture.com/ Chambersburg, PA., Hagerstown, MD. Restonic

http://www.z-furniture.com/ Shippensburg, PA. Restonic

Spring View Appliance & Mattresses, LLC - Appliances, Mattresses in Chambersburg PA Shippensburg, PA. Pure Latex Bliss

Phoenix