looking for a good retailer in my area

I’m trying to find a good retailer in my area, I suffer from quite bad back pain, I don’t want to make any mistakes. My zip is 84339

Hi candiceneedham,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet the first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choices … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the more important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to buy a suitable mattress that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for that are involved in each of them and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability, durability, and value.

When you have back issue then making sure that you have good spinal alignment in all your sleeping positions will be a particularly important part of a mattress purchase and I would be very cautious about choosing a mattress that is too soft.

The better options I’m aware of in your area (subject to the quality/value guidelines I linked earlier) would be included in the Logan, UT list here and in the Salt Lake City, UT list here.

Phoenix