Looking for a new mattress

Hello! New to the forum and site. My wife and I are looking for a new mattress. We both have herniated discs and we were considering the sleep number bed but from what I am researching I think this may not be the best choice. Any recommendations? Thanks! Appreciate it very much!

Hi Itchy,

You may have read this already and while any type of mattress may be a good match for some people … you can see some of my thoughts about airbeds in general in this article.

While there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to make any specific mattress recommendations for someone else that would be meaningful (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) … the first place I would start is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you with “how” to make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Once you reach step 3 … if you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix