Looking for a queen latex or memory foam recommendation $700-1000

Height: 6 feet
Weight: 160 pounds
Budget: $700-1000
Side Sleeper

I recently bought a BedInABox after seeing all the information on Sleep Like the Dead. I bought the cheapest model, PacBed Original, for $699. I’m at the 60-day point so I think I might return it because this mattress is much too firm for me. I get no feeling of “comfort” at all from it. It’s not the kind of bed you would cozy in - rather stale feeling. I feel uncomfortable pressure around my ribs when I sleep on it. I’m primarily a side sleeper.

I unfortunately do not have time to try out a lot of mattresses. I was kind of hoping for a quick-and-dirty recommendation based on my body characteristics, sleeping style, and preferences. I’d like to buy something online and have it shipped if possible. I also have Amazon Prime if that makes any difference (I noticed some of the listed businesses had Amazon store fronts).

Generally, I’m looking for something fairly soft and “comfy” feeling. I also live in Florida so a cooler bed would be nice too, but it’s not a priority. If I get my refund from BedInABox and then maybe spend a little bit more money, can I get something decent online?

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I have a wood bed with slats. They’re about 3-4 inches apart so that needs to be taken into consideration.

-Darius

Hi DariusB,

There are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to recommend a specific mattress for someone else based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” out of all the thousands that are available in the market. Nobody else can feel what you feel and as you’ve already discovered a mattress that works well for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

The “best” place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and know how to avoid the worst ones.

It also includes several links to lists of some of the better online retailers and manufacturers I’m aware of (in the optional online step) but it would help you narrow things down if you know the type of materials or the type of mattress that you prefer.

Phoenix