Looking for correct firmness

After reading vast reviews along with posts from this site I still don’t know what softness we want. I do however feel a latex top is the type bed we want and the Bamboo Bliss from BB is in the price window we want to spend. Now for choosing the correct comfort softness. Are there mattresses in Macys or Sleepy’s or somewhere else that would compare to a 5, 6 or 8 level plushness of that of the Bamboo Bliss? Thanks in advance for any assistance in this.

Hi Gordonzoo,

Neither one carry any mattresses that would be closely comparable and firmness ratings can vary widely between different types of mattresses and different manufacturers but it may still be helpful to test a range of different mattresses with different firmness levels to get a very general sense of the firmness level that you tend to prefer (somewhere between ultra plush to extra firm) and then use this as a very general guideline when you talk with them about your firmness choice.

There may be some latex or latex hybrid mattresses you could test locally that may give you a better sense of some of the different types and firmness levels of latex or latex hybrid mattresses as well and if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know of any I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix

I agree. Even if it’s not the same mattress we can still get an idea. Thanks so much. Zip 02346
Our current bed was bought at a liquidator for $200 12 yrs. ago. It’s a pillow top foam but it never gave us a sinking feeling. We would prefer something that allows us to roll over without having to remove our selves from any set it takes.

Hi Gordonzoo,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of that are within reasonable driving distance from you are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix