Looking for Economic but Good less than 10" Queen Mattress

I ordered queen over queen bunk beds that mainly my children will be using, however sometimes our out of town guests will use them as well and we want everyone to be comfortable. Can someone recommend some economical and comfortable options? The mattresses have to be less than 10" in depth. I think I like the latex option or a mattress/latex overlay. We are hoping to spend no more than $500 per mattress. Thanks.

Hi sanantoniomom,

There are too many unkowns, variables, and preferences involved for anyone to recommend a specific mattress for someone else to choose a mattress for you based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) but the mattress shopping tutorial here has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you with “how” to make the choice that would be best for you based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

If the main use for the mattresses will be for your children then post #2 here includes links to most of the better forum topics and posts about mattresses and children that include more information about a number of mattresses that are in your budget range.

Posts #3 and #4 here includes the lower budget online latex and latex hybrid options that I’m aware of and the last paragraph in post #4 here includes links to some of the online manufacturers that sell lower budget memory foam, polyfoam, and innerspring mattresses I’m aware of as well (although I would avoid memory foam for young children).

In addition to these online choices … the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the San Antonio area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix