Looking for Fairmont Hotel or Westin Hotel Pillow Top version of spring mattress

I think they are both made by Stearns…the cost from the hotel is high and not returnable.

Willing to accept non returnable but want lower price.

Lower back pain is my issue but I have slept wonderfully on these mattresses.

Any help to find one cheaper or similar etc…thanks

Hi libertas,

The Fairmont hotel mattresses are made by Sealy and the Westin mattresses are made by Simmons.

You can read more about hotel mattresses and some of the reasons I would avoid them in post #3 here and the posts it links to.

There is also more about the different ways that one mattress can “approximate” or “match” another one in post #9 here.

There are really only two ways to find another mattress that may be “somewhat similar”.

The first would be to find out all the specs of all the layers and components of either hotel mattress and comparing them to retail versions of mattresses made by the same manufacturer that use the same type of innerspring. You may also need to add the same bedding package as was used on the mattresses you slept on because this can make a significant difference to the feel and performance of a mattress. These types of comparisons may be very difficult because it’s likely that you won’t be able to find out all the specs and information that you would need to make meaningful comparisons.

The second way would be based on your own actual testing on other similar mattresses made by the same manufacturer and compare them based on how they “feel” to you. This would also be difficult because feel is so subjective and our memory of subjective perceptions isn’t particularly accurate over time so the most reliable way to do this would be based on “real time” side by side testing or at least with very little time (a few hours) in between testing both mattresses.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here and I would be very cautious about buying a hotel mattress (or any major brand mattress … see this article) because no matter how “comfortable” they may be or how well they may match your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) when they are new … mattresses such as these that use lower quality and less durable materials in their comfort layers don’t have a useful lifetime or maintain their comfort and support for nearly as long as mattresses that use higher quality and more durable materials that would be in the same or often in lower price ranges.

I would also make sure you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Phoenix