Looking for Latex in the Twin Cities - Minneapolis / St. Paul

We are looking for latex mattresses. We’ve tried one so far that felt good, Pure Latex Bliss, which was really far away (Redwood Falls, MN) while we were looking at bedroom furniture. Got the furniture. Now we need the mattresses.

When we tried that mattress, we hadn’t yet found the information here, and didn’t know what to look for, or how / whom to ask, as far as how it should fit us. We’re at the end of life of some old Tempurpedics - the most basic kind - which we purchased in the late 1990s, and which are now starting to hurt us they feel so hard (or worn out, or whatever).

The saleswoman in the furniture store in Redwood Falls didn’t seem to know much, and we don’t know where else to go for latex. Gabberts (another furniture store) has the Pure Latex Bliss also, apparently (looked that up), but I don’t know how knowledgeable they are. We would would like to visit some sleep shops where they know how to help us, hopefully not as far away as Redwood Falls. We’re in the Western suburbs of Minneapolis, on the border of Eden Prairie and Minnetonka.

Any leads on local shops that can help us would be much appreciated.

Hi Lori,

Some of the better options I’m aware of in the Minneapolis area are listed in post #2 here.

I don’t know specifically how knowledgeable each may be outside of the comments there but the information on the site and that is linked in post #1 here can act as a “fact check” to make sure that what they tell you is fact based and not just based in their desire to convince you to buy a mattress from them.

The most important part of buying a mattress outside of making sure that you test it carefully and objectively for PPP (Pressure relief, Posture and alignment, and Personal preferences) is to make sure that you are able to find out the quality specs of every layer in a mattress you are considering because that way you aren’t dependent on “opinions” or “marketing stories” and you can tell the quality and value of the mattress and make meaningful comparisons for yourself regardless of the level of knowledge of the retailer. I would certainly be more inclined to deal with a retailer that had the experience and knowledge to help me make good choices though and one of the most reliable signs of better retailers is one who understands the importance of knowing what is in your mattress, is comfortable talking about it, and makes it easy to find out.

Phoenix