Looking for Mattress store near Ocala

Hi All!

I am new in this forum. As this forum is based upon the mattresses, I just want to know about the best mattress store in Ocala. Please share your experience.

Hi alexjones,

There are no factory direct manufacturers within 50 miles of you that I’m aware of but within 100 miles there are several. they include …

https://www.foxmattress.com/ Holly Hill. Local factory direct outlet. Rick the owner there is very knowledgeable and they are a member of this site (which means I believe they compete well with the best in the industry). They make a full range of quality mattresses with very good value. I would highly recommend them.

Find an Original Mattress Factory Store Ocoee, Orlando, Kissimmee, Apopka, Lake Mary, FL. They are a regional factory direct that manufactures all types of mattresses. Their mattresses include a two sided latex hybrid and memory foam models as well as traditional innerspring mattresses. They have some good quality and good value choices.

https://www.furniturerow.com/locations/locations...te.jsp?state=Florida Daytona. Regional factory direct manufacturer who makes a wide range of traditional innerspring mattresses including some with latex in the comfort layers and their iChoice which is a mostly latex mattress with either a latex or memory foam topper. Some good quality and value.

www.orlandomattresscompany.com/ and atlasmattressfactory.com/ Lake Hamilton, FL. They are local manufacturers who are working in partnership and make a range of good quality mattresses. They generally make commercial mattresses for hotels and cruise liners but they also sell direct to customers at the Atlas Mattress showroom. They make traditional mattresses (innerspring/polyfoam using a wide range of foam densities depending on budget), latex, memory foam, and microcoils and are transparent about the type and quality of the materials that they use. Both Orlando Mattress and Atlas Mattress can provide information about the materials inside any of their mattresses but at the Atlas Mattress Factory showroom their first language is Spanish so while they can certainly answer general questions … for more technical questions it may be a good idea to call Orlando Mattress if you don’t speak Spanish. They can also custom build.

Out of these … I would personally take the drive to Fox Mattress. I invited them to be a member of this site because I believe they are one of the best of the best local manufacturers in the country and I think very highly of Rick the owner.

I haven’t had the chance to talk with any of the local outlets in Ocala but I will list a couple based on a quick online review that I would consider if you only wanted to shop locally. The brands I listed are the brands they carry that may have better than average value in some models and that I would look at. The difficulty here is that I don’t know which are knowledgeable and open about the materials in their mattress and it may take some knowledge and research on your part to find out the specifics of any of their mattresses (which many outlets don’t willingly give). I would only consider them (and the brands I mentioned) if they provided spec sheets with all the layers of each mattress you were considering and the details of the materials used because this is the only way to know the quality of a mattress and the components in it.

Many retail outlets are more concerned with their commissions or profit margins and marketing stories than they are with their customers needs and preferences and don’t have either the knowledge or the interest to help “fit” you to a mattress that is suitable for your weight/height/sleeping position and preferences. Many also don’t have the knowledge to provide you with meaningful information about the mattresses they sell. In these cases you have to first learn what they don’t know and this can be difficult and frustrating to find out or to learn. This article will help give you a sense of what to look for in a better outlet.

thesleepcenter.biz/ Ocala, The Villages, FL. Pure Latex Bliss which is a line of high quality talalay latex mattresses with better value than most mainstream brands.
ADMIN NOTE: Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: thesleepcenter.biz/

http://www.kanesfurniture.com/ Ocala, FL. Therapedic. I would ignore the other manufacturers they also carry (unless you can confirm the type and quality of all the materials).

Leesburg, FL. Pure Latex Bliss.

Windermere, The Villages, Winter Park, Sanford, FL. They carry Savvy Rest mattresses which are a line of high quality component latex mattresses that give you a choice between organic Dunlop and 100% natural Talalay latex but I would also make some careful value comparisons here because they are also in higher budget ranges than other similar mattresses.
ADMIN NOTE: Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint 1: shopfamilyfurniture.com/index.html| Archived Footprint 2: relaxincomfort.com/

https://www.drsnooze.com/ Ocala, FL. American Bedding (Nature’s way), Paramount, and Sherwood may be better value here on a mattress by mattress basis but you would need accurate layer by layer specs to know. I would avoid the major brands they also carry. Be very cautious if you go here. They have spammed this forum, incorrectly listed some of their mattresses, focus on selling “cheap” (low quality) mattresses and use typical marketing methods that I would consider as a caution so I’m listing them for reference only.

Manufacturers or retailers that truly are “mattress people” and have the knowledge, experience, and desire to give you the kind of guidance that will help you make your best decision are rare but well worth finding and working with. Even if they involve a drive … they will usually end up saving you a lot of time, research, frustration, and money.

Phoenix

I wanted a wool pile topper with a natural backing (i.e. cotton rather than polyester) that should be made entirely of natural fibres. Any idea?

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for helping me to find the best mattress store near Ocala. I find the drsnooze is the best one as per your recommendations.

Alex Jones

Hi alexjones,

I put your new thread in the old one because it helps me to keep track of things without switching threads. I hope that’s OK.

Some options for a wool topper would include …

https://www.cozypure.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5 (they are a member here and I know that they pay attention to every detail of their products)

woolenmill.com/sections/Natures_Comfort_Wool-Filled_Bedding/category.php?category=64&subcategory=0&subsubcategory=0&page=1 *

http://www.snugfleece.com/ (google for outlets)

Wool Mattress Toppers for Sale Online | ECO-Pure™ Wool Ultimate Topper | Standard Underquilt | Economy Wool Topper | Organic Cotton Covered Mattress Toppers | the Wool Bed Company™ Surround Ewe™ Sleep Systems *

Organic Merino Wool Mattress Topper by Sleep and Beyond *

naturaworld.com/catalog/bedding/natural-toppers (google for outlets) *

https://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=Wool+Topper

A google search on “wool topper” will turn up many more but these are some of the better options that I’m aware of. Return policies and shipping charges will vary from place to place so make sure you take this into account.

ADMIN NOTE: Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint 1: woolenmill.com/sections/Natures_Comfort_Wool-Filled_Bedding/category.php?category=64&subcategory=0&subsubcategory=0&page=1| Archived Footprint 2: Wool Mattress Toppers for Sale Online | ECO-Pure™ Wool Ultimate Topper | Standard Underquilt | Economy Wool Topper | Organic Cotton Covered Mattress Toppers | the Wool Bed Company™ Surround Ewe™ Sleep Systems | Archived Footprint 3: thenaturalsleepstore.com/products/sleepandbeyond-mattress-topper.html| Archived Footprint 4: naturaworld.com/catalog/bedding/natural-toppers

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

I don’t have any problem regrading this because you are helping me to choose the best mattress.

Thanks Alot!

Hi alexjones,

I added one more in Ocala but I also wanted to make sure that you know the Ocala retail outlets are not “recommendations” but only a few outlets that may or may not have better value in Ocala.

I also included more information about DrSnooze because they listed their Spirit Sleep line of mattresses with incorrect memory foam specs and this could be very misleading in terms of the value of these mattresses. 3 lb memory foam is much lower quality than the 5.3 lb they have incorrectly listed and I would not consider these as good options. The Spirit Sleep website itself has the correct specs.
ADMIN NOTE: Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: spiritsleep.com/products

Hope this helps to clarify things … and the only outlet on the list I would actually “recommend” (rather than just list as an option for research) is Fox Mattress in Holly Hill. The other factory direct manufacturers I listed would also be better choices IMO than the options in Ocala. The list for Ocala itself was only for those who really don’t want to look outside of Ocala itself although I personally would “take the drive”

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Actually i am living in Ocala that why searching store near my location and also exploring my knowledge in mattresses so that i could find the best one. I find Drsnooze 4 miles distance from me that’s why i mentioned it. I have seen wide variety of mattresses there and last Friday got spirit sleep memory foam at 50% OFF. The quality is also superior. I would like to thank you to help me in this deal.

Alex

Hi alexjones,

The quality of the Spirit Sleep (one of many Zinus brands) is not superior at all but quite the opposite. The density of the memory foam is not listed correctly and they use 3 lb density which I would not consider as a reasonable option for a purchase. This is not a mattress I would ever suggest someone even look at (which is why I didn’t mention it as one of the brands they carry).

I mentioned two brands at this outlet that MAY have better value that they carry but that layer by layer specs would be needed to know this for sure. This was not one of them and the layer specs and a bit of research would quickly show that low density (such as 3 lb) memory foam is at the very lowest end of the quality scale. Their retail prices for the Spirit Sleep are only meant to make their fake sale prices look better than they are and a quick look around the internet shows that their “sale” prices are about the normal range for Spirit Sleep.

I also notice that you suggested them as a “good” online option in another thread and I would never consider an outlet like this for an online purchase.

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=4633]Hi alexjones,

https://www.foxmattress.com/ Holly Hill. Local factory direct outlet. Rick the owner there is very knowledgeable and they are a member of this site (which means I believe they compete well with the best in the industry). They make a full range of quality mattresses with very good value. I would highly recommend them.
Phoenix[/quote]

Hello,

I have been reading through the forums. I got here from a Saatva jump to researching forums and quickly changed my mind. Is fox mattress still one of your top picks? I live 45m from Holy Hill. Are you able to test out a mattress while there? I don’t like tempurpedic but the latex version in his video looked interesting. I am 6’8" 220lb, with all sorts of back, neck and shoulder issues from sports injuries. I definitely need a firmer mattress, but I’ve never tried a pillow top, which may be just thing. Any suggestions? Thanks for your considerable efforts here.

JC

Hi jcroyle,

Fox Mattress is still a member here yes (you can see the membership list here) which as you quoted means that I think very highly of them (and Rick the owner) and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

Yes ,… they have a showroom where you can test their mattresses.

I would keep in mind that the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or if you can’t test a mattress in person then your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

I’m assuming that you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here (which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice) but two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for when you sleep on it in “real life” and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability and PPP (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

Outside of Fox Mattress … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Ocala area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix