Looking for natural Talalay mattress comparable to Savvy Rest

I visited a Savvy Rest store, and tried several of their 3-layer latex mattresses. My favorite was 100% natural Talalay, medium on the bottom layer, and soft on the top two layers. (I was surprised that I preferred such a soft combination.) The Talalay felt better to me than the Dunlop. But I would like to find something a bit less expensive than Savvy Rest. Which other mattress companies offer 100% natural Talalay?

Hi vegas,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

That would be their Serenity model.

That’s a very soft combination, especially in Talalay, and would generally only be recommended for someone in a low BMI range. That is the softest combination they will usually recommend.

Savvy Rest uses very high quality and “safe” materials in their mattresses and because they use loose layers inside a zip cover they don’t contain any glue but they are also in a higher budget range than many other similar component latex mattresses that use the same type of materials and components so I would make sure you make some good “value” comparisons with other similar mattresses, which is the path it seems you are deciding to choose, because you next say…

There are some very good quality/value latex mattresses available online. The mattress shopping tutorial includes this link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) and many of them sell 100% natural latex that use different types and blends of latex that have a wide range of different designs (including component latex mattress kits), options, features, return and exchange policies, and prices that would be well worth considering. These companies would normally be available to use your information to suggest which of the options they have available would be the most closely comparable.

Post #3 here also includes a list of many of the online manufacturers that sell component latex mattress kits as well (with some overlap with the members list).

I don’t keep a record of the individual mattresses or their specs that the retailers and manufacturers in the hundreds of forum lists throughout the forum carry on their floor or have available online (it would be a bigger job than anyone could keep up with in a constantly changing market) but checking their websites and making some preliminary phone calls to the retailers/manufacturers is always the best idea before you decide on which retailers or manufacturers you wish to deal with anyway. This will tell you which of them carry mattresses that would meet your specific criteria, are transparent about the materials in their mattresses, and that carry the type of mattresses that you are interested in that are also in the budget range you are comfortable with. Once you have checked their websites and/or talked with the ones that interest you then you will be in a much better position to decide on the ones that you are most interested in considering or visiting based on the results of your preliminary research and conversations.

I would also keep in mind that Savvy Rest uses CoCo latex for their Dunlop and Radium for their Talalay if you are comparing 100% natural Dunlop or Talalay made by different manufacturers may not be exactly the same firmness because of differences in their formulations. Because of variations between different manufacturers the best you will be able to do is make reasonable approximations that for most people would be close enough and it will be a waste of time trying to make “exact” comparisons.

Having said that … most online manufacturers that sell component latex mattresses would have a good idea of which of their layering combinations would be the closest approximation to the Savvy Rest configuration that you preferred.

There is more information in post #9 here about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or “approximate” another one. Every layer and component in a mattress (including the cover and any quilting materials) will affect the feel and performance of every other layer and component and the mattress “as a whole” so unless you are able to find another mattress that uses exactly the same type of materials, components, cover and quilting, layer thicknesses, layer firmnesses, and overall design (which would be very unlikely) then there really isn’t a reliable way to match one mattress to another one in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) based on the specifications of the mattresses (even assuming that you can find out all the specifications you would need for both mattresses you are comparing in the first place).

If you can’t “duplicate” a mattress based on the specs of the materials and components inside it then the only way to “match” another mattress in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP would be based on your own side by side comparisons and personal experience.

I hope that information is helpful. You certainly have quite a few choices out there. Let us know what you end up deciding upon.

Phoenix